Goofs and oddities in the hentai anime market

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
This is a new thread dedicated to flops in hentai history, in case you know one - or even more - please take part in this discussion.

A flop noone noticed (yet)?

Anime Antena (Pixy, Valkyrie++, Ani-An, Lilith, Black Lilith) only licensed two titles uncensored ever:

1st: Women at Work - Gattsu - (The Guts) - THE ガッツ - licensed by Kitty Media (U.S.) as Women at Work and by Trimax, Germany as The Guts, originally an Ani-An release.

2nd: Engel der Sterne Primaver by Trimax Germany, which originally is Ryuusei Tenshi Primaveil 流聖天使プリマヴェール of the Ani-An label.

Yet Trimax dared inserting the milky logo instead of the Ani-An logo on it´s New Climax Hentai Animation cover, I wonder why noone yet noticed this and complained about it, at least at the Guts cover they did it correctly...

attachment.php

attachment.php

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Blood Royale by Central Park Media / Anime18, re-release by Critical Mass Video.

That title neither is mentioned in the whole video, nor is it mentioned at Discovery´s original cover, the original title just is Blood Royal ブラッドロイヤル, without that "e".

Screenshots and covers attached...

Blood is english, royal too, royale appears to be french, "Royale" in english has something in common with cooking and eggs...

attachment.php

koalatek

Jun 14, 2007
Oh, I thought you were talking about flop as in "meant to be a series, but due to poor sales they never finished it".

I guess it's not the same, but I've always been amused that Waver and Requiem have English titles, but were changed anyway for the US release.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
of course we can talk about flops of that kind too and we can do it here, no problem, either way...

Waver is licensed by Trimax, Germany, just as "Waver", don´t know why Central Park Media / Anime18 needed to rename it into "Behind closed doors"?

Requiem is another flop to mention:

Milky´s orginal is "Tokyo Requiem", but JapanAnime needed to rename it into just "Requiem" which really brought them into trouble.

Because Milky released another title later as "Requiem" (in the meaning of classical music because it was teached at that school, the environment of that animation).

So, KittyMedia, what to do now? "Requiem" already occupied by sister label JapanAnime, that´s why they renamed it into "Anal Sanctuary" which made the original sense of the title go lost.

Toyko Requiem (original - Milky, Japan) -> Requiem (JapanAnime, U.S.A.)

Requiem (original - Milky, Japan) -> Anal Sanctuary (Kitty Media, U.S.A.)

What a confusion...

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I think the thread title should be called "Goofs and oddities in the hentai anime market" or something like that. :joker:

A goof is a word more suitable than flop in the thread context, maybe you translated it litterally from german. At first I thought you would say about the worst anime sellers out there. :p