Good day to all of you! My first post in search of improving my translation results.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

superbat2k

Sep 4, 2023
Hi there!
I have newly subscribed to this forum as I have only recently discovered JAV and got to like this genre very much. Originally, I was looking for more information on how to get a hold on English subtitles. Unfortunately, I am not capable of understanding Japanese, and I only know the very basics - but still would like to know more about the characters and their motivation in the movies. From what I have learned so far, there is the subtitlecat website with lots of subtitles, but mostly in low quality. I have also found efforts from members of this forum to provide some good subtitles for selected videos (e.g., from the "slave island" series).
I also have started my first project to get a better set of subtitles on "slave town", and I am using online speech transcription for voice and ocr tools for Japanese subtitles. However, I am currently struggling with some hand-written notes that appear in a scene. Anbody who has an idea how to get help with these notes? I tried to match it with standard Japanese letters (hiragana / katakana), but I got stuck with some kanji letters. Perhaps I can get help here?
All the best, S.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Hello and Welcome :hi:

we have a translation thread in discussion if that helps :cheers:

I hope you will enjoy your stay in our humble abode

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I usually use the i2ocr website to get the japanese from a picture(isolate only the text or it'll often fail) and if I need to match something by eye, what I found worked best was to use a website that allows you to handwrite it and give you close match like https://kanji.sljfaq.org/draw.html
There's also other options on that site to select part of kanji and it gives you a list of all that has those but it's not always easy to figure out.

There's also different types of kanji so finding a complete list is pretty hard when you don't know what you're looking for exactly and the ones you're using might be incomplete. Ones that sort by number of stokes I find easier to work with since you can guess about how much it takes to draw and start from there.

Reactions: CoolKevin

superbat2k

Sep 4, 2023
Hi Sam,
I think I have been using what you suggested already, but the hand-writing note I talked about is all but perfect. While I think I can identify most symbols, it's the missing ones (kanji?) that still prevent me from fully understanding the note... I have attached the picture in question. This is what I have, some might still be wrong. It's probably something about fleeing from a prison cell. Any suggestions?

サキ さん
で は キーびーり
なんとかして
ととから げ ーて

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 54

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I see. Yeah, with something like that, the only option I can think of is to guess something that looks close and translate until you find something that matches the context or you have enough translated to fill in the blanks.

Reactions: CoolKevin

Jackdee

Aug 19, 2011
サキさん、
裁判ではきびしな人とかして
ここから逃げ出して
倉田