Gokkun

eonmode

Dec 4, 2011
*unsheathes DMCA*
*teleports behind you*
heh... nothing personnel... kid

Unfortunate, but not unexpected. Thanks again for those that have contributed in the past and especially desioner for bringing new and high quality content to the board. I have no doubt that all the regulars will respect the new rules.

The Internet is vast.

Last edited:

serpico21

Nov 30, 2009
I've just tried visiting the Asfur SPC and Knights Visual threads and they've both been deleted...anyone has any idea why?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I've just tried visiting the Asfur SPC and Knights Visual threads and they've both been deleted...anyone has any idea why?
You're fired.

Daw

Oct 25, 2015
This forum going worse... I'm still not understand the reason of closing these great threads with all KV uploads.

supersam

Loves Bukkake, Loves Long Tongues & Loves Gokkun!!
Jul 13, 2009
For $6 per title, you may as well buy it legally then use a sketchy site like that.

We'll have to agree to disagree there mate :)

Reactions: serpico21

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
The Knights Visual and Milky Cat threads are dead too! Does this mean that group funding is no more?

pikuseru

Jul 27, 2015
Maybe Akiba-Online could have a forum section that is only visible to members or certain members for that kind of stuff.

rnishimura

Jan 19, 2008
PS DMCA notices can't stop torrents. Just the sites that host them. Obviously you can't post them here, but I'm sure they're still around on the internet somewhere.
If you torrent anything, copyright enforcement spys (they're probably on here acting as regulars) can get your IP address and send a notice to your ISP.
This is why a VPN service is good to have sometimes.

I once got a DMCA notice to my ISP after downloading something with a torrent. The notice listed the title and it was kind of embarrassing.
Luckily my ISP was cool enough to not release personal info to the people who sent the notice (requires a court order I think).

Some studios can sort of blackmail you and say that if you don't pay a certain amount they will sue. Pretty sure no studio in Japan does this.
Hollywood would have no problem doing this!

Anyway, if mods did not remove the torrents you could see the ISP take action, which would not be good for anyone here.

Maybe Akiba-Online could have a forum section that is only visible to members or certain members for that kind of stuff.

Not for me to respond, but most likely it wouldn't be worth the risk. Why would you want to see akiba-online go down?
DMCA notices are a serious threat really and nothing you can do about them. Ignoring them is just asking for trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

eonmode

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah, taking your frustration out on Akiba Online and it's staff is silly, they are saving their asses - It is entirely understandable.

The Knights Visual and Milky Cat threads are dead too! Does this mean that group funding is no more?
In context of it happening on AO, yes.

Edit:

According to Milky Cats blog, Akiba Online has been killed.

http://shiruou.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2016/10/akiba-online-an.html

Apparently, they care about human rights as well.

:lol:

Last edited:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Well, we all know (or knew going in) what we do here and eventually someone somewhere, a person at one of these companies, was going to scream loud enough for someone to hear them. The unfortunate thing, if I may be so bold as to say so, is that what did things in was that small little corner of this site. That feverish group of guys and gals that love their milky things. NOT that I’m blaming anyone! That’s not what I mean. I just find it completely ironic that some small little 3rd grade outfit of a company has brought this about. Why? Because they are small. They can’t absorb the cost of these goings on like the big boys. For that alone, I would have stayed clear of them, simply because they have the most to lose. It has been said time and again around here by wise men now and then. The smaller niche companies have to charge more so they can make their money after model fees, production fees, and whatnot. Shared content would directly impact them negatively more so than larger companies. So…it was bound to happen.

I shed no tears for that content being gone. I’m not a fan. Yet, I do shed an in-spirited tear for those that do like it, so don’t think I’m not thinking about you! So long as Akiba keeps on without any more gashes to the head, things should be okay. And wow…I was taken aback the way they basically singled out one of our own, thankfully not by name. Bottom line, no one here should be surprised this happened. In a bit of denial, we should be surprised it took this long to happen, really. But, now that one company is on a crusade, let’s be hopeful it stops with this.

Oh, and I reject their notion that uncensored idols are better looking than censored idols. They must have been spraying their eyes with salt water all this time.

supersam

Jul 13, 2009
Oh well, in these situations you can never truly stop anything, I mean the web is too big.

Reactions: Casshern2

supersam

Jul 13, 2009
Well, we all know (or knew going in) what we do here and eventually someone somewhere, a person at one of these companies, was going to scream loud enough for someone to hear them. The unfortunate thing, if I may be so bold as to say so, is that what did things in was that small little corner of this site. That feverish group of guys and gals that love their milky things. NOT that I’m blaming anyone! That’s not what I mean. I just find it completely ironic that some small little 3rd grade outfit of a company has brought this about. Why? Because they are small. They can’t absorb the cost of these goings on like the big boys. For that alone, I would have stayed clear of them, simply because they have the most to lose. It has been said time and again around here by wise men now and then. The smaller niche companies have to charge more so they can make their money after model fees, production fees, and whatnot. Shared content would directly impact them negatively more so than larger companies. So…it was bound to happen.

I shed no tears for that content being gone. I’m not a fan. Yet, I do shed an in-spirited tear for those that do like it, so don’t think I’m not thinking about you! So long as Akiba keeps on without any more gashes to the head, things should be okay. And wow…I was taken aback the way they basically singled out one of our own, thankfully not by name. Bottom line, no one here should be surprised this happened. In a bit of denial, we should be surprised it took this long to happen, really. But, now that one company is on a crusade, let’s be hopeful it stops with this.

Oh, and I reject their notion that uncensored idols are better looking than censored idols. They must have been spraying their eyes with salt water all this time.

Hmm, what if other companies now decide to follow footsteps and go on their own crusade...

Reactions: Inertia

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Other studios definitely know about A-O. Just look at this: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/akiba-online.com

3500 global rank with half the traffic coming from Japan. Granted, Alexa isn't *totally* accurate, but it's probably not that far off.

Milky Cat is pretty much an outlier in the way they operate though I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to be contacting other independent studios now.

No studio will ever totally eradicate piracy, but they definitely want to make it harder. Yes, you can probably have individual private messages and private Hangout groups, but that means you're working with low numbers. When you take those movies and put them up on easily accessible sites, problems will arise. Most likely Milky Cat was able to figure out who was posting their content here (which happened a lot in the last few days) and cross-reference it to one of their VIP subscribers who happened to be unfortunate enough to live in their neighborhood.

Reactions: shinjiIII