Girl or Genre- which matters most to you? **re-read, question clarified**

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Girl or Genre

• It's the girl, fool!

Votes: 93 54.4%
  • No, genre does it for me

Votes: 78 45.6%

• Total voters
Mar 27, 2007
Do you have a tendency to get a title based on the girl thats in it or based on what type of title it is?

Personally in AV I go for genre. For me pretty much all the girls are beautiful and I've never had a specific girl I followed through her various releases...

***EDIT: this hasn't really gone as I intended as people think I mean girl in the generic sense as opposed to a specific girl- it's my fault of course for not being clear...moving this text up here to clarify question:
"Thanks for the various replies. What I meant though is are you a big fanboy of a small number of girls who you get everything by, or are you a genre fan- of course you would reject a genre title with unattractive girls, but ultimately you are not looking for a particular girl by name in the genre title, just attractive ones. Is that clearer? It's kind of hard to phrase right..." of course it's no big deal in the greater scheme of things, but I guess I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to things like this...
EDIT ends***

I like girl-girl, swimsuit, "wacky" games, and lotion-play. It's best if its just girls participating. I like to see them laugh and have fun. Never got all four in one title, but I did get a lesbian swimsuit one with a lotion play scene and an all girl wacky one with a lotion scene. Hopefully one day I'll find an "All Girl Wacky Swimsuit Games in Lotion" title:snicker:

some examples- lesbian swimsuit (in "that Pool") and lotion play titles (check out her pubic hair on the cover...) -haven't come across an all girl lotion one...

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
It depends, there's one or two girls whose JAV's I will download regardless of the genre but for the most part, my decision to download or not rests on the genre.

The thing with JAV's is that most girls look way better on the cover (oftentimes that's all we have to go by) than in the actual video. So genre comes first and the actual actresses a low second, unless if I find them to be fugly. Though I still get fooled more than half the time =o

Mar 27, 2007
its funny, I usually find the cutest girls in amateur titles, like the wacky games ones I mentioned. Maybe its because they're usually just being themselves rather than acting. I guess its kind of a "girl next door" thing.

Vicare

Feb 28, 2007
I pretty much want everything, as long as it's uncensored. lol
Yah me being greedy bastard.
But if I had to choose, I would go for girls. the JAV artists matter most to me. I don't really care with the genre, I only want to see the girls.

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Hard choice. I guess it depends on the situation. I love some genre, but i'm also paying attention to the girls. Even if i like the genre, i can't watch a movie if the girls don't attract me. Since there is no "both" option in this poll, i choose "the girl".

Mar 27, 2007
thanks for the various replies. What I meant though is are you a big fanboy of a small number of girls who you get everything by, or are you a genre fan- of course you would reject a genre title with unattractive girls, but ultimately you are not looking for a particular girl by name in the genre title, just attractive ones. Is that clearer? It's kind of hard to phrase right...:dizzy:

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
By my collection, I suppose I am more of a genre fan. The normal sex JAV's are utterly boring to me no matter how hot the girl is and some of the girls whose JAV's I download usually stick with the same or similar genre.

One example would be the two girls Minaki Saotome and Kaede on the front of the attached cover, they're usually featured in dance movies and I'm a fan of this genre and most of their work happens to fall into this genre so in this instance, I would fall into both categories.

Though now that I think about it, I like to grab any and all gokkun/bukkake/lotion movies so that would make me a genre guy. :XD:

Though I much prefer seeing a lovely naked woman drenched in a gooey clear liquid, not a naked, slightly overweight, unattractive male covered in goo.

::goes off to find said video::

Mar 27, 2007
Though I much prefer seeing a lovely naked woman drenched in a gooey clear liquid, not a naked, slightly overweight, unattractive male covered in goo.

::goes off to find said video::

I couldn't agree more, I don't get those soapland titles where a girl lubes up a guy. Now lesbian soapland, thats a different matter entirely:goodboy:

Ollin2027

Feb 20, 2007
I think sometimes the girl is important but the girls dont always do all the genres that someone likes, so i say the genre is more important, plus you can almost always find a good looking girl in any genre.

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007
sometimes a really my-type girl does it
sometimes a kinky roleplay/cosplay does it

but what's certain is: nothing turns me off more than an ugly chick...

so, the girl.

Shirohige

Feb 20, 2007
Gotta be the genre, i'm pretty picky on what kind of JAVs I download. But i'll gladly download every JAV I see that has plump or mature women in it.

lucanaoe

Apr 4, 2007
no, I mean a girl by name, but I don't blame you for misunderstanding, it's my fault... I modified the first post to clarify

well in that case...

The same?

It's easier to just mass buy all DVD titles by that name, knowing that there's at least one positive thing in the movie, and not having to squint, or find info, or "read." And as I watch them, and accidently find duplicates, or DVDR copies, or those damn "compilation" marketing gimmicks, I just throw them in the trash can. It's good to be rich. It was either carelessly & systematically mass-buy jav, or buy a village of dying african orphans food & vaccinations.
:evillaugh:

My list of bi-yearly to-buys:
HitomiShiraishi, MihoMaeshima, RisaCoda, HiromiSato, MegumiHaruka, TakakoKitahara, RioSannomiya, HikaruKoto, NaoYoshizaki, ReiAoki, RikoTachibana, RioNakamura, SaeMizuki, SakuraHanki, KarenKisaragi, MiraiHoshizaki, AkaneSakura, AinaNakazato, RikoTachibana, MisatoNakayama, AiIijima, NatsumiKawahama, ChiharuMaede, AiSato, MaiSato, MakotoShinohara, AzumiHarusaki, KiraraHoshino, Nana Otone, RinaAkiyama, Sana

I like thigh-high solid stockings... which isn't a "normal" category on av dvd sites. That's my "genre" I suppose. It's just plain easier to go with the girl, who usually are listed by names.

Edit: technically, I fall into neither buy by name(because I'm not a fan who buys on the Idol name), nor buy by genre(because it's too much work), as you putted it. I fall into the buy by efficiency...

risk_breaker

May 18, 2007
For me, i would usually go for the girls.. only rarely do i go for genre, and when i do, its usually only orgy. i like to stick to the few jav idols that i know which imho would deliver..

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
I voted and have to say it's the genre for me. Usually could care less who it is as long as they're doing what I like. A run down on my top genres are…
1: Bukkake ぶっかけ Copius amounts of Sperm.
2: Paipan パイパン Shaved.
3: Lesbian レズ ≥2 girls.
4: Lolita ãƒ*リ (Seemingly) Underaged girls.
5: Others…
desioner

djt23

May 28, 2007
its funny, I usually find the cutest girls in amateur titles, like the wacky games ones I mentioned. Maybe its because they're usually just being themselves rather than acting. I guess its kind of a "girl next door" thing.

lolol, yep :defeat:

BramStoker

I ain't no gentleman
Jun 6, 2007
Genre here also - mainly cosplay type stuff (maids, lolicon, anime themed), uncensored wherever possible :)

whiteninja2000

Aku Soku Zan
May 31, 2007
I haven't really run into a title where I didn't like the girl. So it definitely the genre.
I mainly like ones where there are multiple girls and one guy. Hate the ones with multiple guys.
Anything where the female is being dominant is a huge plus.

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
Cheap it out.

The less costly is the AV, the more likely I am to contemplate buying it.
So it tends to be the genré compilations. I must have a clutch of Xtregion, and Yellow Box AV DVDs.
When I go to Japan on the 5th, I will be shopping for more AVs. If I find any of them in a ¥100 (or ¥99) store, look out. :evillaugh: