Ghost in the Shell

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

kadosho

Feb 17, 2007
From manga, to Oshii's big screen paradox, and back to the small screen.
Masamune Shirow's baby girl has really evolved over the years.
I'm asking what is the community here's opinion of the series?

AlucarD0

Vampire Shinobi
Dec 22, 2006
i didnt see the series or the 2nd movie , but i consider the 1st movie to be great

Maximus_Ahriman

glasses...
Dec 23, 2006
Well I love the manga Masamune Shirow is great I love the artwork. I liked the movies too they were too serious though but very well directed and the soundtrack is amazing. I still havent watched the whole TV series but from what I saw its ok not as good as the manga or movies but ok. I liked how the characters were more like the manga than the movies but it didnt feel very Sci-fi. I liked the soundtrack in the series too and the Fuchikomas/Tachikomas appear too so thats good.

jimjenkins

Nise Midi fanboy
Jun 19, 2007
While quite a bit different than the mangas, the newest GITS series and movie (Stand Alone Complex 2ng Gig and Solid State Society) were wonderfully done. The animation was well drawn, the soundtrack really added to both series, and Production IG didnt dumb anything down in the English dub for once. One of my favorite animes recently.

Bafucin

\(o.O)/
Apr 15, 2007
Love the first movie and the second one was ok.

Don't like the Stand alone serie. She look so different, like some cheap hentai chick hehe.

fightloli

May 7, 2008
I like it too,but still have no chance to see the second one...

tyciol

Feb 27, 2007
I've only seen the SAC anime, but I totally loved it, it makes you want to see anything GitS related. The setting and the plot are really complicated and have interesting characters.