Gantz is alive in manga... why is it not released in Anime???

extreme1004

Feb 8, 2009
the ending was ridiculous... somehow, they gotta make new series of Gantz and it could follow manga story with some fillers. People recreate old anime comebacks for slayers, dragonball(even though it was quite disappointed story but still...), hajime no ippo, and ect... i would cry even if it was only OVA or movie!!! any thoughts on this?

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
The Gantz manga was indeed cool but the TV adaptation somehow lacked the zest that the manga had. Remember when they were at the Buddhist temple at the manga? (not sure if it was Buddhist) The drawing of the statues Kei and the other guys were fighting featured on the manga was awesome and yet in the anime they look ridiculously plain.

And btw, I think the manga is nearing its end. They were sent to Italy and are fighting angel statues (and the other statues in Italy who were turned into "aliens"). Somehow the manga got me really hooked because the enemies keep popping up from unexpected places. Not to mention the ridiculously (sometimes unpredictable) plot.

ForteAnly

May 22, 2007
I would love to see Gantz get another anime treatment specially since things get really good after the buddha mission. I hope we get an OVA or something but that's asking for much.