Free DRM removers?

Glassjaw

Miu > all
Apr 30, 2007
I have some Lovegirls Mix vids that I'd like to share on here but they are protected WMV files... so far I've had no luck finding anything free or that let's me convert to avi to share.

Any suggestions?

jtman223

Feb 25, 2009
I don't think there are any truly free DRM removers (at least that actually works for WMV files). The ones that do actually work are only trials that converts a minute or so.

I would suggest Aimersoft's DRM Remover, which you can "borrow" from the internet using the attached torrent. I can confirm that it works as intended - all of the DRM protected WMVs that I bought and shared here were converted using that program.

Reactions: 1 person

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Most lossless DRM removal techniques require that you have the original license to play the material (ie: you actually bought/paid for the content). They then circumvent the DRM mechanism to dump the decrypted material (using your license) into a DRM-free file, without re-encoding (original quality).

For WMV, the most popular DRM removal program was FairUse4WM.

However it requires that you use an older version of Windows Media Player (with an older DRM version which can be bypassed). Some content providers have wised up to this and updated their DRM, requiring you to upgrade WMP in order to obtain the license, thus preventing you from being able to use FairUse4WM.

The other method is to use a re-encoding program, as suggested above.

Reactions: 1 person