FastCGI Error

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
This just happened for the first time;

Code:
FastCGI Error
The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.

Error Details:

* The FastCGI process exited unexpectedly
    * Error Number: -2147467259 (0x80004005).
    * Error Description: Unspecified error

HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Thought someone should know

:casual:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
that´s the standard error ("Unspecified error"), IdolFun had posted it already once, so there should be no need for this, but I think it would be good when other errors than this occur and we report them to chompy.

But all of you know now how to see / find the error messages...

snakeboy

Former Staff
Sep 13, 2007
The board has been SUPER-slow the last few days, but aside from that, I'm currently trying to update my Cat Model Project Collection post, but hitting "SUBMIT" only results in a blank page 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time I get a "FastCGI timeout". I've been trying to submit now for about an hour and a half with no luck. I was locked out briefly with a "Maintenance, BRB" message and assumed it was being addressed and would be back fixed, but alas, no. Still same problem... :(

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Sorry, the board does get swamped at this time of day.

I've been testing out some configuration options in order to increase performance, and hopefully they will help.

It's hard to tell when the board is so busy.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
The board has been SUPER-slow the last few days, but aside from that, I'm currently trying to update my Cat Model Project Collection post, but hitting "SUBMIT" only results in a blank page 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time I get a "FastCGI timeout". I've been trying to submit now for about an hour and a half with no luck. I was locked out briefly with a "Maintenance, BRB" message and assumed it was being addressed and would be back fixed, but alas, no. Still same problem... :(

the db has to carry a heavy load in Japan´s evening hours, I´m making the same experience as you do. If attachment management is having FastCGI time outs please switch from 5 attachments at a time to only one, don´t know why, but that works in times of heavy load. In case loading a page lasts too long please don´t refresh but cancel this try and better start a new one, I often for ex open 4 pages for moderating at a time, 2 open at once, 2 last for ever, I cancel those tries and start new ones, this is more successful than waiting for ever, it avoids ending up in blanc screens - at least mostly...

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
If there's a pattern to the activity surges, could you please identify those windows of time? You say "Japanese evening hours." What does that mean in Japan's time zone? 5pm to 12am? 9pm to 1am? Seems like a subjective description. Something slightly more objective would be helpful, but only if you have that information in the first place. If the surges are random and range from as early as 1pm Japan time to as late as 4am Japan time, then never mind.

For those who want to look up time zones, check out this helpful map: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/Timezones2008.png

For fellow Americans, given what red has said, then ideal times to visit Akiba would probably fall somewhere around the following times of day:
Mon-Fri 3am to 11am Japan time
Sun-Thur 1pm to 9pm EST
Sun-Thur 12pm to 8pm CST
Sun-Thur 11am to 7pm RMT [?]
Sun-Thur 10am to 6pm PST

In other words, for most Americans, the best opportunities to load the site would be:
(1) shortly before or shortly after dinner, and
(2) only on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays.

Equipped with that knowledge, it might be worth trying out for those of you who are having problems. This way, you can help yourselves figure out and you can also help chompy and the staff figure out how much of your problem is because of buggy forum software and how much of your problem is because of server overload during peak usage hours.

For those of you who can only access Akiba-Online on the weekends, my suggestion would be aim for Sundays because your Sunday is very likely going to be Japan's workweek Monday.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Tokyo now has 04:00 a.m. (ante meridiem [latin] = before noon)

heavy load times (my experience) are from Tokyo 09:00 p.m (post meridiem - after/behind noon) to 02:00 a.m.

EST = 14 hours behind Tokyo time = 07:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
CST = 15 hours behind Tokyo time = 06:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
RMT = 16 hours behind Tokyo time = 05:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
PST = 17 hours behind Tokyo time = 04:00 a.m. to 09:00 a.m.

...approx intervals, if I am correct.

So the U.S. are less afflicted than Asia and Europe, which is afflicted during the day time (afternoon), while it´s morning in America still

you can use this link as it shows the actual time in the biggest cities too and is somewhat smaller than the wiki one... http://www.weltzeit.de/zeitzonenkarte.php