f.lux

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
i know this software has been reviewed by a thousand bloggers on a thousand different sites but i just wanted to make a mention of it here. not because it is a fully featured program that i cant live without, or because it is free, but because i was sceptical from the start and didnt like the program when i first installed it.

f.lux adjusts the colour of your computer screen from the normal blue base during the day to a red base once the sun sets. morning/afternoon sunlight is stimulating and so being exposed to it at night can keep us awake into the wee hours. early evening light however is calming and although i didnt like the way it looked at first, i switched it off when i watched movies/tv, i have grown accustomed to it and find i have less trouble getting off to sleep at night. whether that is due to f.lux i cant say but im sure it isnt hurting. if you do colour sensitive work then it probably isnt for you (there is a 1 hour disable feature or you can just stop it) but as far as everyday surfing etc goes it is less noticeable.

give it a try or comment on your experience with it.

f.lux™ Better lighting...for your computer