Ever accidentally drag a file/folder without knowing?

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
I was looking for a solution for windows 7 since Microsoft can't seem to make windows function in our best interest. Anyway, because the hot spot is so large in windows 7 and possibly later versions, there are complaints across the net of people accidentally grabbing a file and dropping it somewhere they didn't intend. And sometimes you don't know it even happened because Microsoft didn't make a conformation on move commands. In windows XP, you had to actually grab the file name to move it, but in win7, the hot spot was extended so it's easier to accidentally grab it.

I'm testing DragDropConfirm. I'm wondering what others think about it. It seems to work well so far. Now when I move a file or folder, I get a conformation.

Code:
http://broken-e.com/dragdropconfirm

barba

we all make mistakes
Jun 6, 2007
that sounds good. my download folder is so long that i am constantly pushing the slider up and down to get from one file to another. the trouble is, i don't push in a perfectly perpendicular manner, so the cursor falls off the slider as i pick up speed and then starts moving rapidly over files, dragging them to who knows where. i once mentioned this to a microsoft rep and he said, "oh... that's a known issue". anyway, thanks for the 'heads up'.

Reactions: Summer-Time-Fun

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Hi barba

Don't even bother with Microsoft. They purposely remove features and break things so they can market them as new features in later versions of windows. It's a scam. They took things from windows XP, (such as MoveTo CopyTo) and hide them. The fact that you can bring these features back by hacking the registry clearly shows that they intended on hiding them but leaving the code there to easily bring back later on. By the way, here is the MoveTo / CopyTo fix
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/516-context-menu-add-copy-folder-move-folder.html

As far as the DragDropConfirm fix, I've been using it since the first day I made this post and I absolutely love it! Now every time I move a file I'm prompted first before the file/ or folder gets moved. This was such a problem for me. I would have a few glasses of wine and then find stuff in the wrong place the next day..lol

No issues so far.

Last edited: