ELEnin Dwarf Star WARNING September 26, 2011

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
I don't know what to make of this at the moment, but if it's true it's very scary.

The ELEnin Dwarf Star is believed to be an object twice the size of Jupiter and will pass between the earth and sun on September 26th 2011 after passing through an asteroid field. I don't know who the narrator is in the video but he talks about how this thing caused the Japanese earth quake, and how it could cause one much worse and possibly destroying the earth. Take it for what it is, I thought it was interesting.

If this stuff is true, we won't have anything to worry about anymore. It was said that this information has been kept silent. If you look at the coordinates in Google sky, it's blacked out. 5h 53m 27s -6 10' 56

Please copy and paste this link: Do Not post a hot link anywhere on this fourm.
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqV0StQbJQs

Note: I just took this screenshot, I did NOT get it off the net.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

CyberDancer

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Mar 15, 2009
This is the first time I push the button outside U-15 section because of this bad news.
:scared:

Thanks for the info STF.

uk21

Saori Hara Alliance
Aug 4, 2009
This is old news to me..as anyone who goes on the abovetopsecret.com website will know....

Some say its planet X..According to the ancient Sumerian this planet called Nibiru,does not follow the plane of the Elliptic but rather follows a widely cast orbit of approximately 3,600 years from the area of the inner planets out into the Oort cloud that surrounds our entire solar system.
attachment.php

If this rumor is true, we can hope that Nibiru will pass closest on the far side of the sun where the gravitational influence may only cause an increase in tectonic shifts and an increase in volcanoes and earthquakes. If it passes very much nearer, these planetary stress symptoms have the potential to cause enough destruction that our very civilization may be in danger of extinction.

All this could be all true or a myth,it's 2012 after all..who knows??:dunno:

So for now best thing to do is to take it with a pinch of salt and enjoy yourself.

More info
http://www.exitmundi.nl/Planet-X.htm
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread687602/pg1
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread694923/pg1

uk21
picture.php

lactophilia

Nov 18, 2008
Sorry to break the "magic", or to spoil your business, if you're someone who earns cash with survival kits or stuff; but this is just another doomsday-hoax, which pops out once every few years. The accurate infos concerning Elenin are available not only on Nasa's page, but on different websites, which is because as in every field of science there is a HUUUGE international peer-group which doesn't allow a conspiracy to work the way the doomsday prophets are claiming it does.
Bad thing - as always - is, fear makes people move, but without knowing and understanding the scientific facts, people are willing to follow those who promise solutions. Some do it for making money, others just do it - for fun? For feeling important? Who knows. The problem is, what they make people do who have not the means nor the understanding (see the tragic examples in relation to the 2012 hoax h++p://www.2012hoax.org - even children committing suicide, because they believe this shit, that unfortunately fills the top results once you google for it). Of course, no way to convince conspiration believers but to wait for that day .... and watch the world once again forget about the false prophecy, and starting to be afraid of the next.
btw. concerning the screenshot - you'll find an explanation here: h++p://www.2012hoax.org/google-sky
Be careful what you believe. Oh, and live long and prosper \\//, ;-)

Freedom Kira

Rawr™
Jun 19, 2009
UK21 - Are you talking about another comet? The one in question right now supposedly has an orbit of about 10 000 years.

lactophilia

Nov 18, 2008

On the 2012hoax-page are also articles concerning the Maya Tzolkin (the religious calendar) as well as the Elenin comet.
Thing about pages like these conspirations-and-secrets-sites is, there are people who don't understand the cultures they claim predicted the end of the world, but use information just in their sense (like Sitchin's "Sumerian Nibiru theory", which scientists that actually deal with Sumeran culture find completely nonsense). The problem is always, people believing in conspiracies will say, the more the scientific community contradicts the conspiration theory shows only that the actual conspiration is much bigger. Every argument against their beliefs fuels it. It's like a religious dogma, you can't argue reasonable against it.

So it really depends on what you want to believe; it's just a little bad, that f.e. google lists all those doomsday theories in the first place, while the serious science pages drop down somewhere most people don't stumble across, if they are not especially searching for it. If you do a proper research, you find explanations for those apparent "consipracies" (like f.e. the "blacked out" piece in the sky maps to "make you not see it" - as if not any interested amateur or scientists around the world could simply look at the skies themselves, so what can be hidden with this map? it's as if you scratch Tokyo from a Japanese map to let people not know about it - pretty ridiculous theory, isn't it?!)

Sorry foir this rant, I'm fed up with those fear mongers, they do a lot of damage, and it's important to unveil such theories with solid scientific knowledge.

Anyway, made my point already, who wants to believe will do so anyway, but those who are afraid and don't know, might want to check out the serious scientific pages to find those infos.

The thing that threatens Akiba-Online being here in 2013 more than any comet will be the changes of law, which is a topic on its own.

Have a nice day. Cheers

Apr 11, 2007
I couldn't care less.
In fact there's a part in me that would welcome this planet blown to pieces.
At least the last days would be exciting to behold. :pandalaugh:

Zolt

Mar 27, 2007
Oh pleaase, let's keep this board focused and the apocalypse-mongering where it belongs.

That comet isn't Jupiter-sized.. in fact it's on the small size for a comet and has very low density, think a big ball of dirty snow. It won't get any closer to us than 22 million kilometers, and as this NASA guy puts it - "My subcompact car has more influence upon Earth's tides than this comet ever will"

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2011-135

xkainx

Jul 15, 2009
From tha internets:

"Comet Elenin

Some have also associated Nibiru with Comet Elenin,[32] a long-period comet discovered by Russian astronomer Leonid Elenin on December 10, 2010.[33] Accounting for errors in the known trajectory, on 16 October 2011, Elenin will pass 0.2338 AU (34,980,000 km; 21,730,000 mi) from the Earth,[34] slightly closer than the planet Venus.[35] Nevertheless, this has led some conspiracy websites to conclude that it is on a collision course, that it is as large as Jupiter or even a brown dwarf, and even that the name of the discoverer, Leonid Elenin, is, in fact, code for ELE, or an Extinction Level Event.[32] Although the sizes of comets are difficult to determine without close observation, Comet Elenin is likely to be less than 10 km in diameter.[36] Elenin himself estimates that the comet nucleus is roughly 3–4 km in diameter.[37] This would make it millions of times smaller than the supposed Nibiru. Comet hysteria is not uncommon.[38] In 2011, Leonid Elenin ran a simulation on his blog in which he increased the mass of the comet to that of a brown dwarf (0.05 solar masses). He demonstrated that its gravity would have caused noticeable changes in the orbit of Saturn years before its arrival in the inner Solar System.[39]
[edit] Scientific criticism

Astronomers point out that such an object so close to Earth would be easily visible to the naked eye (Jupiter and Saturn are both visible to the naked eye, and are dimmer than Nibiru would be at their distances), and would be creating noticeable effects in the orbits of the outer planets.[40] Some counter this by claiming that the object has been hiding behind the Sun for several years, though this would be geometrically impossible.[12] Images of Nibiru near the Sun taken by amateurs are usually the result of lens flares, false images of the Sun created by reflections within the lens.[41]

Mike Brown notes that if this object's orbit were as described, it would only have lasted in the Solar System for a million years or so before Jupiter expelled it, and that there is no way another object's magnetic field could have such an effect on Earth.[42] Lieder's assertions that the approach of Nibiru would cause the Earth's rotation to stop or its axis to shift violate the laws of physics. In his rebuttal of Immanuel Velikovsky's Worlds in Collision, which made the same claim that the Earth's rotation could be stopped and then restarted, Carl Sagan noted that, "the energy required to brake the Earth is not enough to melt it, although it would result in a noticeable increase in temperature: The oceans would [be] raised to the boiling point of water ... [Also,] how does the Earth get started up again, rotating at approximately the same rate of spin? The Earth cannot do it by itself, because of the law of the conservation of angular momentum."[43]

In a 2009 interview with the Discovery Channel, Mike Brown noted that, while it is not impossible that the Sun has a distant planetary companion, such an object would have to be lying very far from the observed regions of the Solar System to have no gravitational effect on the other planets. A Mars-sized object could lie undetected at 300 AU (10 times the distance of Neptune); a Jupiter-sized object at 30,000 AU (1000 times the distance of Neptune). To travel 1000 AU (30 times the distance of Neptune) in two years, an object would need to be moving at 2400 km/s — faster than the galactic escape velocity. At that speed, any object would be shot out of the Solar System, and then out of the Milky Way galaxy into intergalactic space.[44]

[edit] Conspiracy theories

Many believers in the imminent approach of Planet X/Nibiru accuse NASA of deliberately covering up visual evidence of its existence.[45] One such accusation involves the IRAS infrared space observatory, launched in 1983. The satellite briefly made headlines due to an "unknown object" that was at first described as "possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth that it would be part of this Solar System".[46] This newspaper article has been cited by proponents of the collision idea, beginning with Lieder herself, as evidence for the existence of Nibiru.[47] However, further analysis revealed that of several unidentified objects, nine were distant galaxies and the tenth was "intergalactic cirrus"; none were found to be Solar System bodies.[48]

Another accusation frequently made by websites predicting the collision is that the U.S. government built the South Pole Telescope to track Nibiru's trajectory, and that the object has been imaged optically.[49] However, the SPT (which is not funded by NASA) is a radio telescope, and cannot take optical images. Its South Pole location was chosen due to the low-humidity environment, and there is no way an approaching object could be seen only from the South Pole.[50] The "picture" of Nibiru posted on YouTube was revealed, in fact, to be a Hubble image of the expanding light echo around the star V838 Mon.[49]
[edit] Public reaction

The impact of the public fear of the Nibiru collision has been especially felt by professional astronomers. Mike Brown now says that Nibiru is the most common pseudoscientific topic he is asked about.[42]

David Morrison, director of SETI, CSI Fellow and Senior Scientist at NASA's Astrobiology Institute at Ames Research Center, says he receives 20 to 25 emails a week about the impending arrival of Nibiru; some frightened, others angry and naming him as part of the conspiracy to keep the truth of the impending apocalypse from the public, and still others asking whether or not they should kill themselves, their children or their pets.[45][51] Half of these emails are from outside the U.S.[12] "Planetary scientists are being driven to distraction by Nibiru," notes science writer Govert Schilling, "And it is not surprising; you devote so much time, energy and creativity to fascinating scientific research, and find yourself on the tracks of the most amazing and interesting things, and all the public at large is concerned about is some crackpot theory about clay tablets, god-astronauts and a planet that doesn't exist."[1] Morrison states that he hopes that the non-arrival of Nibiru could serve as a teaching moment for the public, instructing them on "rational thought and baloney detection", but doubts that will happen.[45]

Morrison noted in a lecture recorded on FORA.tv that there was a huge disconnect between the large number of people on the Internet who believed in Nibiru's arrival in 2012 and the majority of scientists who have never heard of it. To date he is the only major NASA scientist to speak out regularly against the Nibiru phenomenon.[51]"

In other words, CAN WE GET THIS CRAP OFF THE MAIN PAGE!?

xkainx

Jul 15, 2009
If anyone would like to read a full-blown article by a genuine scientist which points out some of the problems lactophilia (can't belive I just quoted that name) was pointing to, you can find it here: http://www.csicop.org/si/show/myth_of_nibiru_and_the_end_of_the_world_in_2012/

Here's a test, how about the original poster of this thread either has it deleted, or we wait until September 26th. If we're all still here on the 27th, we remove Summer-Time-Fun's posting privileges for a while. There's enough real danger and enough real causes to be concerned about without having to be distracted by this kind of nonsense.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
If anyone would like to read a full-blown article by a genuine scientist which points out some of the problems lactophilia (can't belive I just quoted that name) was pointing to, you can find it here: http://www.csicop.org/si/show/myth_of_nibiru_and_the_end_of_the_world_in_2012/

Here's a test, how about the original poster of this thread either has it deleted, or we wait until September 26th. If we're all still here on the 27th, we remove Summer-Time-Fun's posting privileges for a while. There's enough real danger and enough real causes to be concerned about without having to be distracted by this kind of nonsense.

That is a little harsh and a bit of an over reaction. I like Summer-Time-Fun. There is nothing wrong with hashing over a little conspiracy theory now and then nor can one doubt that this was news, (especially if you buy into this particular conspiracy theory). I see no harm done myself.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Doomsday prophets, have been around for 1000s years, the planet has been around 4.5 billion years, and is only half way through it's life, you will be here tomorrow, and in 2 years time, unless you walk in front of a bus, then I am afraid your time maybe up, as for Mayan calender it is the same as ours, except it is a few years longer, it goes around 1 full cycle, our calendar only lasts 365 days, next year 366 days, so in 2012, 12-21 a new calender will start with most of us alive

as for dwarf stars, they are not planets, and if it is that close the tidal pull would be stronger, our biggest problem is not nature, it is politicians, starting WW3

oh I nearly forgot, HAPPY NEW MAYAN YEAR

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
I am clueless about astronomy.

I was only showing something I found with the idea that someone could shed some light on the report, and I got what I needed.
If I'm not mistaking I think I did imply that I wasn't sure what to believe ...in my original post.
I'm not trying to market anything, my apologies xkainx. If everyone knew everything, we would never speak to each other.

On the other hand, it's difficult to say that something should or should not be credited just because NASA, or some other agency says so. Look at how the US news was reporting the Japanese nuclear issue everyday, now you don't hear anything about it. Mostly likely because the Japanese Gov told the US to keep their news media's mouths shut because it was hurting agriculture sales in JP. I just thought it was strange at first when I found the black patch in Google sky blocking where this thing was suppose to be. Personally I'm not afraid, and I don't really believe the report. But I also don't put all my faith into what governments and agency's say against it ...independent, or not. My point is, I'm not going to discredit it completely. Because in this money hungry world, I don't know guy standing next to the guy I'm talking to. Who do you believe these days with all the BS going on out there.

Punishment? ok. :sadomaso:

jjjjeczalik

Where are you, Miho =(
Mar 9, 2009
Miho is always relevant

Honestly, I thought it was just entertainment. There have definitely been posts worse than the one that initiated this thread, and those posters never lost their privileges.

Anyway, some of you might be taking his first post a bit too seriously, perhaps? Note:

I don't know what to make of this at the moment, but if it's true it's very scary.

and

Take it for what it is, I thought it was interesting.

Anyway, if Miho Kaneko doesn't come out of retirement, who cares if the world ends or not.
:eek:hnoes: