Elderly Man Severely Burned on Japanese TV Show

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I found this interesting reading, maybe some here will too.

The program was broadcast by Fuji-TV (http://www.fujitv.co.jp/) one of the major tv networks in japan in around 2003 or 04 as a part of low budget midnight comedy show. They hired an alzheimer old man to mock him as a Rambo in the orient by taking him to a river bed and thereat forced him to walk on the fire.

FujiTV provided him with three liters of heating oil.Fuji TV staff said “please try”. Because his demented state prevented him from common sense, he had no choice but touch off the cardboards soaked with kerosene and walked twice (!!) on them. The old man apparently suffered serious burns all over his lower limbs. He was not treated immediately after.

According to a story in the recent edition of Shukan Bunshun, a subsidiary of acclaimed “Bungei-Shunju” magazine, the old man was later hospitalized and diagnosed the involved parts as third to forth degree burn but survived only a couple of years mostly remaining unconscious.

The hospital staff reported the possible abuse and mayhem but the reaction of the police authority was not nimble probably because of dark connections between the media and the authority linked by the parachutist retired from high-level fuzz to the media giants.

So far, no comment is made by Fuji-TV side on or against the article in the latest issue of Shukan Bunshun, however they try to erase all the videos of the crucial evidence of this possible crime scene, uploaded by Anonymous consciences, from youtube to minor Chinese video site at a lightening speed!

The video claims the old man was burned so badly that he could never walk again, and his injuries caused him to die of renal failure in 2007.

I do not know if all the details of the story are true, but it does look like the man in the video clip could have suffered some very serious burns.

The video:
[youtube]v5JJ3LnBAbQ[/youtube]

Crusader666

Nov 25, 2008
Messed up society

I lived in Japan for 8 years and most Japanese men are horrible people by our standards. They still have the samurai attitude in that anyone below your perceived social status can be sliced in half to test a sword without the slightest remorse. It's insane though because social status can flip around at any time in a modern society, and often does.

My karate buddies one night were buying shots for an old drunk guy at the bar but they were hitting him and saying terrible things to him as well. They were all laughing like it was good humor.

The upshot was that the women were so used to assholes that any kind of kindness and they fell madly in love with you. I mean, you cook a girl dinner one time and that's it, they'll have your children.

The more I understood Japanese culture the less i respected it.

8day

Feb 24, 2009
I've read similar comments from people that seen some Japanese in my country. They've sat in some cafe and talked like they were some super race. That's probably the other reason why in Japan vids with pre-teen idols acceptable (i.e. released on DVD).

Can't say that in my country there's no such fuckers (I remember when they burned some homeless man to death), but I thought Japan is more civilized...

Uso.. Shinji

Jan 8, 2010
I do have to say, you can't judge a race by a few douches. Most of the people I have met and talked to in Japan (in CEO, or government positions as well as business leaders as well as the general public), aren't as bad as this. I worked in Japaese TV and even the abuse that foreigners are meant to suffer at the hands of producers didn't happen. Fuji TV is renowned for abuse in it's TV shows, especially comedy (o-warai) shows. Though the standard across Japanese comedy is cheap laughs from violence or stupidity, this does in no-way reflect the general population so much as the state of the comedy circuit in Japan. Personally I feel Fuji-TV should be held accountable here.

@Crusader666
The worst thing about that is it's true. I generally treat girls with respect and its gets troubesome when they all start liking you. Then you talk to them about boyfriends and all they say in, "Japanese boys are assholes who only think of themselves". Though I have met different, I would have to agree with the general gist of this.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
some comments I wish I had never read