EL5 please - is there a way to grab JAV Movies data?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ArgentGrace

Mar 31, 2010
I have read over, searched topics in regards of JAV collection.
I have thousands of JAV movies.
I now want to get into collecting data of my collection...
I have an excel sheet that only have 1 column, which is the movie label (ex. SDMU-853, MUCD-123, etc, etc)
How do I grab a list of all JAV movies and their release dates, actresses, etc, etc?
I thought of manually... doing it, but thinking of going to JAVlibrary and manually collecting this data for my collection is....tedious.

So, if someone can EL5. :)

Thank you!

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
I wrote a custom python script to search and pull data from r18, javlibrary, caribbean, 1pondo, m-stage, and others. Probably took me a few weekends but it works great.

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
@ArgentGrace =: You can use "DoctorD1501/JAVMovieScraper" (https://github.com/DoctorD1501/JAVMovieScraper), very easy to install and easy to use. The developer had stopped updating the program for more than 2 years by now, but it still works for the most part.

If you are technically capable, you can try Javinizer, which is being updated regularly, but there is a very steep learning curve for the laypeople.

There are many others on Github, the above two programs are the most popular.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArgentGrace

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
I wrote a custom python script to search and pull data from r18, javlibrary, caribbean, 1pondo, m-stage, and others. Probably took me a few weekends but it works great.

When people ask questions, they want help and guidance from those who possess the needed knowledge and expertise, how is telling him that you have coded a scraper for yourself and it took you a few weekends to code your scraper provide any value to the person who asked the question?

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
1) Download an IDE, i like to use PyCharm. Visual Studio will work too
2) Read some scripting websites depending on your language of choice
3) Find websites that have the data you are looking for. As I mentioned I am pulling form various sources. And the reason why I can't just give you my code is because I leverage Google searches and I am using my Google API account to drive that.
4) Once you get the data you can write it to a NFO file that matches the movie name file (or write to anything database/warehouse of your choice).
5) Additionally you can pull covers down and artwork if you hit up the studio sites such as Idea Pocket etc.

JAVprisoner

Jan 25, 2021
1) Download an IDE, i like to use PyCharm. Visual Studio will work too
2) Read some scripting websites depending on your language of choice
3) Find websites that have the data you are looking for. As I mentioned I am pulling form various sources. And the reason why I can't just give you my code is because I leverage Google searches and I am using my Google API account to drive that.
4) Once you get the data you can write it to a NFO file that matches the movie name file (or write to anything database/warehouse of your choice).
5) Additionally you can pull covers down and artwork if you hit up the studio sites such as Idea Pocket etc.

Cool! He could choose to follow the guidance you provided above, or alternatively, he could download and install the ready-made free JavMovieScraper and will be able to get almost all the same functions via a very simple graphical user interface, without any coding knowledge and without having to write a single line of code.

Oct 22, 2016
Use JavScraper from DoctorD and it'll create a .nfo file and poster file that is readable from Kodi or Plex