1. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Download vs Stream

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Muz1234, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Muz1234

Muz1234 Active Member

Which of these you guys prefer?

2. bigloser0

bigloser0 婦人

downloads

3. bigloser0

bigloser0 婦人

what about you and why?

4. Muz1234

Muz1234 Active Member

I prefer both. I don't know, but both has its advantages.

Blue Heatnix likes this.
  5. bigloser0

bigloser0 婦人

stream has its disadvantage. If the server has a lot of people downloading from, then you will have a very laggy video. And it will start and stop. Might as well don't watch.

6. WillEater

WillEater Well-Known Member

Well, I copy the streams, and watch them later..
    Best of both worlds..

7. ShogunXXX

ShogunXXX Active Member

Streaming suppose to be online, depending on what site and on your security settings (or lack of them), some being real nest of virus. Sites come and go over the years. With a downloaded video, no bad surprise, no virus, no need to be online, etc.

Casshern2 and bigloser0 like this.
  8. WillEater

@bigloser0
    That's why I store the video and watch it later.. No lag then..

bigloser0 likes this.
  9. EzikialRage

EzikialRage Active Member

I prefer download. That way I don't have to worry about lag. I can put it on a device that does not have internet access. I can download it, keep it and watch it when ever I want because sometimes streaming sites go down.

Casshern2 likes this.
  10. IceGuyver

IceGuyver Section 9 Operative

Personally, I think it is always better to download and view media directly from your device. Rather than stream it.

11. Blue Heatnix

Blue Heatnix New Member

I like to stream first and if i like the show, movie, music, etc... Then i download it.

12. MrSound

MrSound Member

Download. Dont have internet on my mobile smartphone or tablet. Its expensive in my region. So, Download - best way to watch movie anywhere.

13. WillEater

Free wifi available many places here.. Even McDonalds..

14. CoolKevin

CoolKevin Nutcase on the loose Staff Member Super Moderator

many places are different, it is expensive here as well, even with a contract

and really would I risk coming to this site in MaccyD, there is enough spies going on let alone going to public places to get a fix

MrSound likes this.