Doukyuusei (45 mn original version)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Based on the well-known Elf game, the series was planned as a one-shot 45 mn OAV, and was sold as a rental VHS on 28.04.1994, more than two months before the "official" release date for the first tape !
The reworked version, was split in two 25 mn OAVs for VHS & LD distribution, and two other OAVs conclude the story.
There are variable edits, scenes removed and added there and there. For example the beginning of "final" OAV 2 is missing, up to the scene at the game center. Though the previous scene was used as a flashback scene here.

Softcel/ADV released Doukyuusei as "End of Summer". The first tape contained the original 45 mn version for parts 1 & 2. The second tape contained the standard 25 mn version for parts 3 & 4.

More explanations in these links:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...9be520116a3bc4 (broken link that I can't find anymore)
http://www.animetopics.com/news.php?news_seq=3 (release schedule in japanese)
http://www.jbook.jp/p/p.aspx/179741/s

The file is a direct rip of the american VHS.
As there is no DVD published or planned or any hint of such a license, it's possible to upload.

In my opinion, this video (together with Stainless Night), is simply the best drawn adult anime production ever done. I don't count Urotsukidoji first series in the ranking as it's "beyond" adult anime. The graphics are gorgeous for the main characters and there is almost no flaws in the animation corner (though there is not much action). The plot may be a bit lame, but technically it gets a 20/20. Never bishoujos have been better represented.

The fact that the third and fourth OAVs were not produced together with the one-shot OAV explains also why the quality dropped there.

This is the true start of modern "hentai" (and of the Pink Pineapple company) that we have here. The flow never stopped since.

Video characteristics:
AVI format, 336 MB, 43mn04, 480x360, non-explicit, japanese dub with english subtitles.

enjoy :snicker:

PS: I found out that "Rei Rei" was also sold first in April 1994, as a 45 mn rental VHS. I wonder if the version is different from the known one.

Attachments

• [Akiba-Online] Doukyuusei (original version).torrent
    13.5 KB · Views: 471
Last edited by a moderator:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
dammit, never saw that thread, it just was posted when I was preparing for the six weeks medical rehabilition last year I was off for...

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
please be so kind as to reseed it. Thx.