Dolls thread closed?

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
Redrooster -

What happened in the 'dolls' thread? I not asking for specifics, but I must assume it got real ugly.

I never saw the ugliness, (the last post I remember seeing is this one), but I'm thinking somebody or some people didn't like the topic. If that is the case, then these thoughtless people have simply gotten what they wanted, since the thread is closed.

Moderators can warn people, they can ban people, they can delete inappropriate posts, but why close the thread? Though I'm not personally interested in 'life-sized dolls', I thought the topic and responses were quite amusing.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
There are times when the best thing to do is close a thread. I would have done the same in that case as even though the users knew it would happen they continued to post. If the topic is re-opened then hopefully the conversation can pick up where it started. But that might never happen. You can if you wish begin a new thread on the same topic but I would highly encourage linking it to the original and warn other to not go there.
desioner

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
It wasn't the original topic that caused problems. i guess the simplest way to say it is that it got off topic into the realm of politics and cultures. And even that was not directly linked to dolls.:dunno:

buttobi

Mar 29, 2007
A usual flame war broke out there.

Ego :crash:vs Ego :crash:eek:f posters vs Ego of a mod. :crash:

In my opinion people are making too much fuss about flame wars.
None of the regular members is malicious anyway. They are sometimes just bored.

The thread served as good evidence that we are not life-sized dolls.:evillaugh:

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
New (second) "life sized dolls" thread created.

I've created new (second) "life sized dolls" thread, as suggested.

Let me ask this one last question - Were bannings issued (at least temporary) to those members who participated in the foolishness? So that the rest of us don't pay again for their idiocies.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
My signature changes often and she'll most likely be replaced with an Asian beauty. While there are rules against threads of non Asians (Japanese productions are ok). This is not a thread nor a post it's my signature.
desioner

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
A usual flame war broke out there.

Rule #2: Do NOT Flame. We're not at the point in this forum yet where there will be much of a chance for that, not many people know each other very well. But as we develop into a more well known forum and get more members, we expect there to be no Flames or Flame-Baiting.

Rule #3: No racist remarks. Absolutely none. You WILL be banned for a certain amount of time depending on how bad your offense was. No questions asked.

The thread was closed because both rules were violated more than once.

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
Alright, desioner, let's not get off topic.

The topic is - why shut down a good thread, instead of shutting down disruptive and abusive posters?

buttobi

Mar 29, 2007
Rule #2: Do NOT Flame. We're not at the point in this forum yet where there will be much of a chance for that, not many people know each other very well. But as we develop into a more well known forum and get more members, we expect there to be no Flames or Flame-Baiting.

Rule #3: No racist remarks. Absolutely none. You WILL be banned for a certain amount of time depending on how bad your offense was. No questions asked.

On our end we expect good fair modding. :evillaugh:

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
Rule #2: ...
Rule #3: ...
So shut down the people who violate the rules, not the thread.

That's all I have to say. No point in beating a dead horse.

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
Follow up ...

Rollyco has reopened the thread and merged the new one with the old. Thx. (We don't really need 2 doll threads, do we.)
He has also issued an infraction to at least one member who has tried, again, to send things down the wrong path. Again, thx.

I wish to apologize to the mods for giving them a hard time on this issue. Of course they are not perfect. And we will always be there to let them know when they are not. (Haha, just a friendly taunt, okay fellas?) Seriously, three cheers to the mods for doing their best to keep this board a place we enjoy coming to so much!