Do AV Idols date their co stars?

Veltiel

Feb 20, 2015
I always wondered if some AV actresses had relationships or little affairs with their male co stars. Has this happened? Maybe some AV idol tweeted about feeling attraction towards some AV actor or maybe they dated after feeling a connection while doing a scene. Maybe even some AV idols started dating directors or important businessmen inside the AV industry

I hope you guys have some info on this ^^;

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
I think this is a huge no no in JAV, or even mainstream celeb world.

It's been said many times that studs and idols are discouraged from having friendly contacts, let alone sexual relation outside of the filming. They often don't exchange names (esp. real name), esp. for short career girls, it's in their own interest to absolutely minimize any contact with anyone in or around of the JAV industry except for the being fucked and sucking stud's sperm.

barba

we all make mistakes
Jun 6, 2007
i once read an interview with rio hamasaki in which she confided that one day she got a note on the set that said, "hi, i don't know if you remember me, but i was number 63 in the bukkake shoot yesterday... yellow shirt, black glasses. i was wondering if you'd like to get a cup of tea later on". she was instructed by both the director and her agent not to go.

Negan

Oct 9, 2019
Doesn't Sora Shiina supposedly date some of her female co-stars?
Aya Miyazaki & Minami Aizawa are two she CLAIMS to of dated.

Reactions: Veltiel

crazykiss

Dec 6, 2008
99% of the answer is NO. As far as I know, they are very professional. They didn't even know their co-stars until they met on set. They simply met on set, greeted and encouraged each other to do a good job. After filming, they said goodbye and did not even exchange contacts. Everything through representatives and agencies.

I once asked an actress about another female idol, whom was her co-starring in a movie, but she didn't know anything about her. And in fact, there is rarely friendship in this profession, let alone love affair.

They clearly define 2 lives, in the profession and in real life.

Reactions: Supmop

Veltiel

Feb 20, 2015
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. I guess even in the AV industry, dating a co star would be a scandal? What about businessmen or rich men dating these girls? I'm sure there must be numerous cases.

crazykiss

Dec 6, 2008
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. I guess even in the AV industry, dating a co star would be a scandal? What about businessmen or rich men dating these girls? I'm sure there must be numerous cases.

As I know, there are not many such cases. Your avatar is the one of them. Anri Okita is a rare case that have a good life after. The same with Sora Aoi.

Some try to develope theirselve in another area. Saki Otsuka & Yuu Kawakami become artists. They photograph, painting, drawing and having many exhibitions. Shiho Egami become an yoga instructor and personal trainer (PT). And another name, whose I don't remember, is a mangaka... These girls are admirable.

Other try to have their own bussiness like being an owner of a bar or lounge (Maki Hojoh). But the rest are not lucky like that. Most of them have a quiet life and try to escape from the past...

Last edited:
Reactions: Supmop

periph

Sep 28, 2012
Sakuragi Rin married a JAV director. Anybody have more details on the story of how they met and got together?

Her retirement final AV release had him and her fucking, if I remember correctly.

ipz929pl.jpg

https://www.javlibrary.com/en/?v=javliklw6u

periph

Sep 28, 2012
I also remember some speculation about Rina Kato, probably here on this forum. In one of her later releases, which was in the genre "JAV star goes on dates with fans to thank them,"

ABS-198 Rina Kato, Koiochi Walk.
118abs198pl.jpg

On the last date of the movie (starting around 1:22), Rina went out with this one really normal, slightly nerdy guy "Miyazawa-san" and the date lasts for a really long time as far as these types of JAV go. They went paddle-boating, to the zoo, a "fishing" spot, bowling, back to his place where she cooked for him. During this time, the conversation (my Japanese comprehension is not that great but with some translator assistance) seemed deeper than you would expect in these things. After dinner, it seems like they talk about his life and how he wants to do better, and she seems like she also talks about changes she wants to make. She hugs him and they fuck and take a shower together. She seemed rather reluctant to leave and seemed really introspective in the car afterwards. They take her to a hotel, and she seems reluctant to continue, but she goes in and there's a pro AV actor there for one last fuck for the night.

She seemed really genuinely reflective all through the date, or maybe she's just a really good actress. But two AV's later is her retirement video:

ABS-209 Rina Kato AV Full Retirement.
118abs209pl.jpg

The speculation here was that perhaps she really did fall for the fan guy and that was the reason she retired. Don't know if there ever was more real info than that though. I'm not sure if it was so much that she went back and got together with the guy, but perhaps having a full on "normal" date with that guy and the conversation about aspirations for change, made her reflect on her life and decide to move on from AV.

crazykiss

Dec 6, 2008
Thanks @periph for such interesting information about Rin Sakuragi & Rina Kato. I really want to have an English sub version of the movie ABS-198 to know more about her!

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
Doesn't Sora Shiina supposedly date some of her female co-stars?
Aya Miyazaki & Minami Aizawa are two she CLAIMS to of dated.

It was just social media promotion. Her first supposed GF was the one she did couple of movies. Then, just when she's about to release few movies with Aya, she is "dating" her. I'm sure it was just marketing.

I also remember some speculation about Rina Kato, probably here on this forum. In one of her later releases, which was in the genre "JAV star goes on dates with fans to thank them,"

ABS-198 Rina Kato, Koiochi Walk.
118abs198pl.jpg

On the last date of the movie (starting around 1:22), Rina went out with this one really normal, slightly nerdy guy "Miyazawa-san" and the date lasts for a really long time as far as these types of JAV go. They went paddle-boating, to the zoo, a "fishing" spot, bowling, back to his place where she cooked for him. During this time, the conversation (my Japanese comprehension is not that great but with some translator assistance) seemed deeper than you would expect in these things. After dinner, it seems like they talk about his life and how he wants to do better, and she seems like she also talks about changes she wants to make. She hugs him and they fuck and take a shower together. She seemed rather reluctant to leave and seemed really introspective in the car afterwards. They take her to a hotel, and she seems reluctant to continue, but she goes in and there's a pro AV actor there for one last fuck for the night.

She seemed really genuinely reflective all through the date, or maybe she's just a really good actress. But two AV's later is her retirement video:

ABS-209 Rina Kato AV Full Retirement.
118abs209pl.jpg

The speculation here was that perhaps she really did fall for the fan guy and that was the reason she retired. Don't know if there ever was more real info than that though. I'm not sure if it was so much that she went back and got together with the guy, but perhaps having a full on "normal" date with that guy and the conversation about aspirations for change, made her reflect on her life and decide to move on from AV.

The date movie is a theme from Prestige. Airi Suzumura did one and they were trying to do the swan boat thing in Tokyo but it was closed.

So Rina's movie was also staged. I admit that she's a really good actress. She's one of my all time favorite (that smile, smoking hot body, acting).

Reactions: crazykiss

TruDatt

Dec 23, 2019
Shiho Egami become an yoga instructor and personal trainer (PT).
I'm pretty sure her main source of income is prostitution, so not much change -still sex.

Rich men mostly buy them for few hours, don't date them. Quite a lot of girls seems to be addicted to host clubs, so if they date they "date" hosts.

Negan

Oct 9, 2019
It was just social media promotion. Her first supposed GF was the one she did couple of movies. Then, just when she's about to release few movies with Aya, she is "dating" her. I'm sure it was just marketing.

You would think so. She still does it, so it's an old campaign of Sora is just marketing her releases and needs to come up with something new!