DMM Adult Awards 2017

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
According to traditional Japan's view of beauty, lower class farmers are in the field and have dark and tough skin. Only upper class gentlemen and ladies are considered desirable and they live their whole live mostly indoor and sheltered from the weather. And of course they have pale and fine skin. Also incidentally it's partly explained why Japanese beauties are so lacking in the booty. They hardly even walk so their muscles are poorly toned.

So race is only part of the story, the preference and taste of Japanese men decides which kind of skin colors get the top idol status. Of course with more contacts with the West, now a greater variety of skin colors, together with big tits and big ass also getting some market share.

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
According to traditional Japan's view of beauty, lower class farmers are in the field and have dark and tough skin. Only upper class gentlemen and ladies are considered desirable and they live their whole live mostly indoor and sheltered from the weather. And of course they have pale and fine skin. Also incidentally it's partly explained why Japanese beauties are so lacking in the booty. They hardly even walk so their muscles are poorly toned.

So race is only part of the story, the preference and taste of Japanese men decides which kind of skin colors get the top idol status. Of course with more contacts with the West, now a greater variety of skin colors, together with big tits and big ass also getting some market share.

That's 20th century ww2 era! A lot of girls go to the gym nowadays. Farming is a lot easier with technology. Ganguro fashion was a huge thing 20 years ago too. There's a lot of people that may still uphold these values, but it really isn't that dominant today.

thuleviolenta

Apr 5, 2008
never paid big attention to this "skin tone"s topic..it seems quite a contradiction the gyaru/ganguro style..where exactly the opposite reigns..black to blonde hair..pale..to dark/tanned skin...perhaps the extreme ganguro ( yamamba with the "clown" make up) has died out ?(i dont know for sure..but somewhere i read this) ...but for sure some "still" tan the skin and dye the hair blone..rather "strange" when the "classical" pale skin and black hair is so much "better /desirable"..

Lim3lighT

Mar 24, 2014
That's 20th century ww2 era! A lot of girls go to the gym nowadays. Farming is a lot easier with technology. Ganguro fashion was a huge thing 20 years ago too. There's a lot of people that may still uphold these values, but it really isn't that dominant today.
the rationale isn't the same, but the preferences haven't changed. It takes awhile for stuff to catch up/change because they've been ingrained into society.

never paid big attention to this "skin tone"s topic..it seems quite a contradiction the gyaru/ganguro style..where exactly the opposite reigns..black to blonde hair..pale..to dark/tanned skin...perhaps the extreme ganguro ( yamamba with the "clown" make up) has died out ?(i dont know for sure..but somewhere i read this) ...but for sure some "still" tan the skin and dye the hair blone..rather "strange" when the "classical" pale skin and black hair is so much "better /desirable"..
I think the gyaru look is in a lot of ways a direct reaction against what's typical of society; it's a counterculture thing.

asdfaznz

Dec 19, 2014
As much work as Aki Sasaki put in she isn't even nominated?? I don't know even know half of these ladies. They do seem overrated. Aki's the best working right now.

Yeah I can't believe this list either, I don't know 75 percent of these girls. No Aki Sasaki, no Asahi Mizuno, I think the collab video of Tsubasa Amami and Jessica Kizaki was nominated for something but I don't see that it won and that was an excellent release too. I guess AVOP is just like AVN or the Oscars, one big political show.

Reactions: BDrake