DMM Adult Awards 2017

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
DMM Adult Awards 2017 is one of the few avn-like award show. The award ceremony will be held on this Sunday April 23, 2017. There will 19 nominees and ebisu muscat performances. Aino Kishi will be the MC again. Last year winners Aika and Ootsuki Hibiki will be the presenters. What's your opinion? Will it be Yua Mikami again? She did won a newcomer award last year.
http://www.dmm.co.jp/adultaward/
https://twitter.com/dmmadultaward/status/853808821466038272
Check out each of the girls promos from their Youtube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt8Mb_16Lp1yFN7h_Q6T09w/videos
A clip from last year.
Last year two winners!

Reactions: shawn720s

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
Yua Mikami and Shoko Takahashi/Tashoko won best actress and best new actress despite a lot people think they're overrated ex-idols like me, but they are the best sellers last year. Kirara Asuka might got shafted because I think she's almost done with s1.

BDrake

Akiba Citizen
Sep 29, 2015
As much work as Aki Sasaki put in she isn't even nominated?? I don't know even know half of these ladies. They do seem overrated. Aki's the best working right now.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
By reading the description of the prize, Yua Mikami's prize si for the most popular girl according to an online vote. It's not a surprise, she's popular. Of course her past helped her but she performs well enough to keep her fanbase. If she wasn't good, her second or third movie wouldn't have been sold well. So I suppose this prize is a mix of a bit everything : popularity, skills, beauty. For a S1 girl, her skills are really okay (at least for me).

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
A little bit late, but they finally posted the English winners gallery along with a the full ceremony edited down to 2 hours. http://www.dmm.co.jp/en/adultaward/archive/winner/2017_html/=/navi=none/ http://www.dmm.co.jp/en/adultaward/archive/2017/gallery_html/=/navi=none
2 hours! It probably 10 times more painful than watching the Oscars. The Oscars at least features a few song/dance numbers (total 15 mins?) and a few comedic moments (less than 20 mins). And if you are into politics you might want to see the (barely out of rehab) celebrities doing the moralistic grandstanding thing.

But the JAV version, the song/dance, I guess there's only 1 or 2 acts (by the same group)? I won't understand the jokes or thank you speeches (200% more mundane than American celebs). I guess there isn't any highlight reels (half of the DVD covers can't even show in public). Even the fashion look less sexy and interesting than Oscars. Is there anything in there worth 10 mins of watching (allow 6 minutes for 2 Ebisu Muscat acts) ?

It could be more interesting if there's a lot of sexy talks and industry insider chats, but one it needs to be translated, two I just don't think it's in Asian character to make award ceremonies not totally painful.

As for Shokomikami winning, I think it's fair enough. Mikami isn't the hottest idols around but she does bring some star quality and works hard both for the vids and also in social media and other fan service events.

Shoko is slightly hotter but slightly less experience as a erotic provocateur than Mikami. I don't agree they are just resting on their past celeb creds, I think they have fulfilled even maximized their potentials as a J-pop-to-AV and gravue-to-AV.

Compared to most other AV idols who mostly have her own back story (it's almost mandatory), no matter if they successful or not in AV career, their backstory/selling point at debut is pretty much forgotten within 3 months. If you watch their recent sex scenes, you can still buy that yeah this one is a gravue model (MIDE-430) and that one is a (low ranking) J-pop idol (SNIS-919).

Next year let's hope Rion will earn a spot.

Kirara... I think she and anyone over 5 years in the industry can forget about awards. The cruel reality is they are thankful to just keep getting job notices.

Another group of idols that may deserve some awards but won't: those who don't want attention. It seems there are several idols who only want to make films (and earn the fees) but don't want any additional work load (like sitting pretty in a boring ceremony) and/or celebrity attentions. These girls would never get offer nor will they accept (in person) any awards no matter how great the vids are.

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
2 hours! It probably 10 times more painful than watching the Oscars. The Oscars at least features a few song/dance numbers (total 15 mins?) and a few comedic moments (less than 20 mins). And if you are into politics you might want to see the (barely out of rehab) celebrities doing the moralistic grandstanding thing.

But the JAV version, the song/dance, I guess there's only 1 or 2 acts (by the same group)? I won't understand the jokes or thank you speeches (200% more mundane than American celebs). I guess there isn't any highlight reels (half of the DVD covers can't even show in public). Even the fashion look less sexy and interesting than Oscars. Is there anything in there worth 10 mins of watching (allow 6 minutes for 2 Ebisu Muscat acts) ?

It could be more interesting if there's a lot of sexy talks and industry insider chats, but one it needs to be translated, two I just don't think it's in Asian character to make award ceremonies not totally painful.

As for Shokomikami winning, I think it's fair enough. Mikami isn't the hottest idols around but she does bring some star quality and works hard both for the vids and also in social media and other fan service events.

Shoko is slightly hotter but slightly less experience as a erotic provocateur than Mikami. I don't agree they are just resting on their past celeb creds, I think they have fulfilled even maximized their potentials as a J-pop-to-AV and gravue-to-AV.

Compared to most other AV idols who mostly have her own back story (it's almost mandatory), no matter if they successful or not in AV career, their backstory/selling point at debut is pretty much forgotten within 3 months. If you watch their recent sex scenes, you can still buy that yeah this one is a gravue model (MIDE-430) and that one is a (low ranking) J-pop idol (SNIS-919).

Next year let's hope Rion will earn a spot.

Kirara... I think she and anyone over 5 years in the industry can forget about awards. The cruel reality is they are thankful to just keep getting job notices.

Another group of idols that may deserve some awards but won't: those who don't want attention. It seems there are several idols who only want to make films (and earn the fees) but don't want any additional work load (like sitting pretty in a boring ceremony) and/or celebrity attentions. These girls would never get offer nor will they accept (in person) any awards no matter how great the vids are.

The Oscars is the Oscars. You can't really compare these two. You might want to compare it to the annual Las Vegas avn awards. It's definitely a better experience for people that actually bought ticket to watch it live. Like the Oscars, I just skip to the best parts. However, the avn looks more pretentious trying to be the Oscars and they're more open to talk about the sex.

Kirara is still popular and lucky to get an award even though she lost the real one to Yua Mikami. With all the bad headlines this year, most actresses are losing a lot of money. Maybe not yua mikami, takasho, yui hatano, or any other A- list av idols. They're still live in fancy apartments while driving luxury car. Opportunities for them just never stop, which includes opportunities from other Asian countries. It's a lot they can actually choose the best ones.

Last edited:

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
The Oscars is the Oscars. You can't really compare these two. You might want to compare it to the annual Las Vegas avn awards. It's definitely a better experience for people that actually bought ticket to watch it live. Like the Oscars, I just skip to the best parts. However, the avn looks more pretentious trying to be the Oscars and they're more open to talk about the sex.
Kirara is still popular and lucky to get an award even though she lost the real one to Yua Mikami. With all the bad headlines this year, most actresses are losing a lot of money. Maybe not yua mikami, takasho, yui hatano, or any other A- list av idols. They're still live in fancy apartments while driving luxury car. Opportunities for them just never stop, which includes opportunities from other Asian countries. It's a lot they can actually choose the best ones.
I'm only comparing the pain of watching it. I imagine AVN is less painful than DMMAA, but still I probably have more fun watching insects having sex.

Sure Kirara is of course popular enough, so are many 5+ yr vets. But my point isn't who's most popular or have done the most and best AV. The point of the awards isn't to give to the winner (of course many of them, esp. Yua, really wanted it). The point is the event to promote the industry, the companies and the products. It's just as true for Oscars, AVN and DMMAA. The last thing you want is the fans to tune in, see the award go to an "old sister" and he says "yeah I remember when I was a kid I was fapping to her".

thuleviolenta

Apr 5, 2008
funny...i didnt even know/notice Shoko Takahashi untill i read this thread...not sure whats so "great" about her...hardly her "outstanding" looks...yua mikami is pretty ("breaking news" i guess..) not the biggest fan of her "vanilla" type performance/av´s though...(which more or less gets repeated over and over...) and i just notice shoko takahashi with a "school" av...completely beyond me whats appealing about this totally "stereotype" and very boring "setting"..

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
funny...i didnt even know/notice Shoko Takahashi untill i read this thread...not sure whats so "great" about her...hardly her "outstanding" looks...yua mikami is pretty ("breaking news" i guess..) not the biggest fan of her "vanilla" type performance/av´s though...(which more or less gets repeated over and over...) and i just notice shoko takahashi with a "school" av...completely beyond me whats appealing about this totally "stereotype" and very boring "setting"..
Yeah, but at least Yua's vanilla type scenes is much more hardcore than a s1 scenes a few years ago.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
Yeah, but at least Yua's vanilla type scenes is much more hardcore than a s1 scenes a few years ago.
Yua keeps getting better. Pretty agressive in SNIS-800. Shoko does nothing to me, I don't find her beautiful.

thuleviolenta

Apr 5, 2008
Yua keeps getting better. Pretty agressive in SNIS-800. Shoko does nothing to me, I don't find her beautiful.
agressive? thats something new to me (though i didnt check out every single vid of her..exactly because i thought its more or less the same) i checked out "of curiosity"yesterdays shoko´s mide 419 (one scene so far..not complete vid) she has nice body/titts (though not exactly "unique" in the av biz)..the face is nothing "to special"..still she isnt that "boring" as i thought at first look either...

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
agressive? thats something new to me (though i didnt check out every single vid of her..exactly because i thought its more or less the same) i checked out "of curiosity"yesterdays shoko´s mide 419 (one scene so far..not complete vid) she has nice body/titts (though not exactly "unique" in the av biz)..the face is nothing "to special"..still she isnt that "boring" as i thought at first look either...

Yeah a bit agressive, or "in control", the guy tries to "escape" but she continues to blow him.

Reactions: thuleviolenta

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
Yeah a bit agressive, or "in control", the guy tries to "escape" but she continues to blow him.
That seems very basic by today's av standards. I seen it done by a lot of girls. The vanilla these days can probably be titled as a hardcore title back a decade ago. They keep outdo themselves with a lot of weird and creepy niches. Anyway, Yua is more ambitious than Takasho, but I like Shoko's smoother skin tone more and s1 is obsess with making Yua look whiter with lighting. Also, Yua's twitter is more open to posting av related tweets while Shoko tends to avoid it. They're both probably in the top 5 highest paying av actresses and they don't really need to go harder if their works are selling great.

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
Anyway, Yua is more ambitious than Takasho, but I like Shoko's smoother skin tone more and s1 is obsess with making Yua look whiter with lighting.

I noticed that too. I might be wrong, but I think some japanese girls are just naturally whiter than others. For example, the stunning Takachiho Suzu

C48RlbIUoAA7act.jpg

So I don't see why S1 is trying to hide the girl natural beauty. As long as the girl isn't a gyaru I don't see any problem lol.

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
I noticed that too. I might be wrong, but I think some japanese girls are just naturally whiter than others. For example, the stunning Takachiho Suzu

View attachment 1027508

So I don't see why S1 is trying to hide the girl natural beauty. As long as the girl isn't a gyaru I don't see any problem lol.
It's actually quite common that Japanese girls are mostly whiter than Southeastern Asian countries girl because of Japan is geographical located North. Some of them are more whiter than Caucasian girls. It's not just girls, but the guys, so that's why we see a lot of av actors go to tanning Salon to get a dark tone body especially the muscular guys.

Reactions: darksider59

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
It's actually quite common that Japanese girls are mostly whiter than Southeastern Asian countries girl because of Japan is geographical located North. Some of them are more whiter than Caucasian girls. It's not just girls, but the guys, so that's why we see a lot of av actors go to tanning Salon to get a dark tone body especially the muscular guys.

thank you for the explanation. Even if I do bodybuilding, I prefer to stay white lol, I could tan those days as it's hot in France but I don't like it :D.

Reactions: kharo88