[DF] かのこん Kanokon: The Girl Who Cried Fox (uncensored) (dual audio)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Aug 11, 2012
UPDATE: Unfortunately, real life is interfering with this and it will probably be stalled for a bit or the releases will come even slower than you can imagine. My wonderful six+ months of unemployment has come to a sad end and my first week I had ~80 hours; so fansubbing has to take a backseat to sleep. On a different note, the signs tracks for 1 and 2 are screwed up. I fixed them but I plan on just doing one set of patches once errtang is done. I'm pretty sure no one here is watching the English track anyways, but if you just gotta listen to bad voice acting and needs to be able to read the signs just ask and I can upload the patches now.

Despite what I said before, I decided to release DDLs for this as I finish them and do a batch torrent once they're all finished. That being said, I don't think I'm allowed to bump this thread each time I upload a new episode so just check back every couple days or so. At the very least, you'll know the DDLs are all up once you see that I've started a torrent thread.

9490l.jpg

Here's something born out of my desire to eliminate eye cancer (i.e. VobSubs) from my video collection. This is AnimeAnarchy's (~AA~) release of Kanokon with styled subs. The changes I made are: karaoke OP/ED, typeset all the signs, retimed almost every line (to be less blinky and sync with scene changes, etc), and some minor aesthetic changes to the script (i.e. Kota -> Kouta). Interestingly, because of the stupid way VobSubs are stored you can get all these great features in a slightly smaller file than the original. If you don't understand what I mean by eye cancer (compare and contrast to the third screen of my release):

Why AA's release and not Exiled-Destiny's you might wonder? The simple answer is BakaBT told me to. Why piggyback off another group's work at all? It saves me time. Besides, AA's encode is pretty good, the only issue I have is with it being anamorphic but that's really just a personal preference with no real meaning (actually, I think the general consensus is anamorphic 720x480 is better than 848x480). I feel fully comfortable taking credit (i.e. sticking the ol' [JLP] on these files) because a. making the subs look nice like this is actually more work than just encoding a DVD rip and b. IMO, if groups want to be releasing R1 DVD (or BD for that matter) rips they really ought to be doing this themselves. Since the video is the same as AA's I tried to focus the screenshots on signs that got typeset. Also, since only the subs changed, if you already have AA's release you just need to download the patch that is attached to this thread. To patch just extract to the folder your video is in and run patch.bat.

(Screen 1: BEST GIRLS; Screens 2-4: boring typesetting; Screen 5: Nozomu drops truth bombs; Screen 6: service)

(the following taken from the BakaBT torrent description)
Summary
Kanokon's story revolves around Oyamada Kouta, a young first-year high school student who moves from the country to the city and thus transfers to Kunpō High School. On his first day at his new school, a second-year female student named Minamoto Chizuru asks him to meet her alone in the music room. When he arrives, she tries to seduce him - and reveals along the way that she's a fox deity. When Kouta decides to keep it a secret, she decides that he is her destined partner. From that day on, she never leaves him alone, nor will she skip a chance to practice anything ecchi with him - whether he likes it or not. But then a first year female student by the name of Nozomu arrives at Kouta's school, who, incidentally, also falls in love with Kouta. Kouta becomes much more involved in the world of deities, especially after Nozomu reveals that she is also a deity...

Series Information
Categories: Boing, Comedy, Ecchi, Harem, Juugin,
Large Breasts, Romance, Sudden Girlfriend Appearance
Year: 05.04.2008 - 21.06.2008
Episodes: 12
Director: Atsushi Ootsuki
Production: XEBEC

File Information
Encode: AnimeAnarchy (~AA~)
Video: 720x480 Anamorphic
16:9 | h264 (1250 kbps) | 23.976 fps
Audio: English AAC 2.0 (160 kbps)
Japanese AAC 2.0 (160 kbs)
Subtitle: English Styled ASS (R1 script retimed, typeset, and revised by JohnLukePacard; OP/ED Romanji from Kanokon Wiki)

Ryushare
Code:
http://ryushare.com/45366979f813/[JLP]_Kanokon_The_Girl_Who_Cried_Fox_-_01_[C8D716B9].mkv
http://ryushare.com/45366979f819/[JLP]_Kanokon_The_Girl_Who_Cried_Fox_-_02_[E2D1A2A3].mkv

Deposit Files
Code:
http://depositfiles.com/files/50o6rrrke
http://depositfiles.com/files/8bqzhyxnk

This was the first time I actually timed something (I say I retimed Softenni but that was really just syncing Hiryuu's timing up with the BD rip) and I may have went a little overboard focusing on aesthetics at the cost of readability. If you notice any issues with the timing or typesetting (or spelling, grammar, anything really) point it out and I will fix it for the batch release. I fully expect that there are issues still (these are actually the 3rd [5th now] versions of the videos that I've uploaded) and this is really the main reason I chose to do DDLs first so I have a chance to catch them before the batch torrent.

Lastly, a quick update on my other project, the KissxSis OVAs: stalled at typesetting. Seriously, Volume 0 could not have more signs if it tried, and they never stay still or move at a constant speed. I'm about 1/5th of the way done with typesetting and it's already taken over 600 lines. Anyways, I fully expect Kanokon to get finished before that. As far as future projects go, in the same vein as this Kanokon release I'm going to OCR, typeset, and retime Arigatou's release of Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu). Being a show about little girls, I'm very interested in it but I haven't watched past ~5 minutes of episode 1 due to the eye cancer. At some point I plan on doing To Love-Ru season 1 BDs. Unfortunately, the only place I could find the BDMVs was Uploaded and I don't have or plan to buy a premium account so it's finna be weeks probably before I even have 1 volume.

UPDATE: Super psyched right now. I managed to find the TLR BDMVs on Ryushare and fortunately my Ryushare premium is self sustaining. It's still finna take approximately forever (there's 545 files I need to download) but at least it's approximately, not literally anymore. And standby for more Kanokon, 3 and 4 should be done sometime today (EDIT: this was a lie. Expect them tomorrow).

PLAYBACK NOTE: If you are using madVR and LAV Filters on MPC-HC the subs might display wrong. I'm pretty sure it's something about VSFilter not rendering subs properly on anamorphic sources. I couldn't get this configuration to work properly but MPC-HC with CCCP works just fine. Interestingly, CCCP uses xyFilter (a fork of VSFilter) to render subs which is what I had been using before; that's why it don't make no sense to me.
td;lr If you have playback issues (specifically, if the subs look squished) use MPC-HC with CCCP.

Reactions: Panwolf