Conquest Frontier Wars - mod ...Free

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
You guys have to grab this!

This is a mod based off the game Conquest Frontier Wars
It is essentially the same game, but with more ships added for upgrades. What I didn't know was that you don't need the original game installed to play this mod.

Although this is an older game, it's one of them RTS games you can't walk away from. I've been playing this game almost everyday for over 8 years. I sometimes even think about it while at work. I've played all types of game, new and old, this is still one of my favs. Once you learn it, you're hooked. Trust me on this. Again, this mode is a full - free - standalone game.

..You'd have to be nuts to pass this up.

Conquest Frontier Wars - Wiki
Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest:_Frontier_Wars

Original Manual (Still applies to the game for the most part)
Code:
http://conquestfrontierwars.weebly.com/uploads/9/7/9/5/9795325/manual.pdf

Game Mod Download

Code:
http://www.moddb.com/downloads/conquest-2-frontier-wars-forever-55-en

conquest_frontier_wars.jpg

---------------------------- A Quick - How to Play ------------------------------

If any of you have any questions about the game, just ask me. It's just like any other RTS game, right / left click. You just have to learn what each aircraft is used for. If you're not sure what something is, hover your mouse over it and it will give details. Real quick.

NOTE: I recommend starting out playing Terrans, which is the human race. You can learn the other races once you get better.
Celareons are a race made of mostly electrical properties.
Mantis are more organic, think of them and their weapons as Mobile bee hives that go out and attack.
Each race has it's strengths and weaknesses. i..e.. Mantis can attack from a great distance and do massive damage, but up close most of their large ships are brittle. But each race has different standard and special weapons, depending on how you upgrade your research centers.

You need four things to expand and grow your Civilization / confederation

• Ore (needed to build platforms).
  • Gas (needed to power your ships, force fields, and other things)
  • Crew (needed to run your factory's, ships.. ect).
  • Command Points (needed to expand and grow. Note: LR Sensor Towers give you 5 command points I think, and Headquarters give 15 for each one you build).

First build a refinery, it will automatically mine and extract off the planet it's built on and give you resources needed to build other things. There are also upgrades to how fast it collects from planets. Then build harvesters which are little ships that go out and get ore and gases. Now, for collecting crew: it's best to try to build Naval Academy's on crew planets and Marine Training Facility's on earth planets, because the marine facility collects/recruits crew much slower than the naval academy. Since crew planets have much more crew, it makes sense to build the Naval academy on the crew planet. But there are no rules keeping you from doing otherwise. It depends on what's happening in the game.

Certain planets have unique resources, or more or less than other planets:
  • Crew planets consist of large amounts of people/crew
  • Earth planets have a mix of crew, some gas, and some ore
  • Ore planets consist of large amounts of ore
  • Gas giants consist of large amounts of gas

When you first start the game the first things to build are:
  • A refinery
  • A marine training facility
  • A small ship yard
  • A fabricator (used to build things)

Then send your seekers out to clear the fog of war so you can explore and exploit other solar systems. As you grow, and built research centers, and other things, you can build heavy shipyards, and that's when things get fun. Again, try to build things relevant to the type of resources the plant you're building on has available. And note, that some things can't be build that are dependent on other things. Like you can Not build a ship yard unless you have a marine training facility first.

IMPORTANT: if you built in another solar system, refinery, shipyards, whatever.. you must always have a jump gate which is a supply line connecting you to your headquarters. or you must have a headquarters in that other solar system. Anything you build always has to have a supply line to a headquarters, or they are disabled. Your enemy's love to destroy your jump gates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Just nothing I have been in the mood for as of late. Moods tend to change though, thx for sharring this.

Reactions: Summer-Time-Fun

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Ceewan,

You are one of the few who seem to: Acknowledge, Recognize, and Endorse the genuine, pure and honest agenda of someone who is trying to offer a simple (free) solution of entertainment and pleasure to their fellow man.

You are real man, Stay who you are. Don't change.

Reactions: Ceewan