Confessions of a Would-Be Uploader...

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
How do they do it? Those daring young men in their flying machines. And by daring young men I mean our resident uploaders that seem to get their hands on anything anybody could want and then some, placing it up for all to grab. And by flying machines I mean whatever they use to do it.

Confession: I tried my hand at it.
Confession: It was fun!
Confession: I'm beat!

I can't keep it up. My schedule, at best, is packed, so I found it no surprise that I quickly ran out of steam and interest to continue. But it was fun while it lasted! If you hadn't found any of my posts, they were Akiba-Online Premieres. I looked around this HDD and that to find something, anything that hadn't been on the board before. Of course I used the Search function to see if it qualified. Forgive me if my searches didn't find something that was previously on here. And now that I think about it, it could be because of the crash in our recent history maybe they were already here and I just didn't find them. But, point is it was kind of fun to have something that seemingly wasn't available here yet.

I recently started a VHS Series premiere "campaign". Just a handful of older titles. Funny I don't remember that most of them were less than an hour long. But I guess that's about right. Makes for some small files, which is probably why they would be popular. And almost all the performers had bangs! Forgot how cute that looked. Wouldn't it be fun if the studios produced a few retro-style titles? It would be like seeing your favorite performers in period pieces.

I've said in the past that the Machine just keeps on churning out uploads with little to no thanks on their posts, but let me tell you, I now have some newfound mad respect for them. Sure, absolutely there's a reason other than getting thanked that keeps them going, but still, the time and effort is much appreciated.

Here's to all of you, and you know who you are.

Thank a provider today.

Have you ever tried posting titles?
Was it worth it (your time)?
Were you discouraged by others that mirrored your efforts (because they will)?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

Angeldom

Jan 15, 2014
Well then thank you for that JDGE-01 of Hikaru Yukino, i think it was the last jav i downloaded here before the Ryushare Crisis :D...i think i actually thanked you in that post (i hope :)).

Anyway yes...there are people that just won't realize how much burdensome and time consuming the uploader life can be, sometimes they even aggressively demand for something that hasn't been shared few hours after the official release, not thinking that they are getting it for free thanks to a generous soul.

The case above may seem extreme but happens quite a lot in many contests. Said that, thanking someone's upload/release can be a great boost, an action that is often underrated although being totally free.
If you enjoy a content in whatever contest (eroge, jav, games and whatever) be sure to reward the effort of the uploader, especially the tiny ones as they can upload original stuff too and need more moral boost than anyone :).

Answering your questions:

1) Tried few times but stopped due to incredibly crappy uploading speed

2) :flame:

3) Depends, there are some sites where if you uploaded something first, they highlight that in several ways (to attract the attention of the users/community towards you) and even if your content will be mirrored, a good portion of people will know that it was you to upload that content first and will thank you for that...even though it's not always 100% guaranteed it will work this way :)

CapnAV

Mar 31, 2012
Casshern2:
I recently started a VHS Series premiere “campaign”. Just a handful of older titles. Funny I don’t remember that most of them were less than an hour long. But I guess that’s about right. Makes for some small files, which is probably why they would be popular. And almost all the performers had bangs! Forgot how cute that looked. Wouldn’t it be fun if the studios produced a few retro-style titles? It would be like seeing your favorite performers in period pieces.

You mean like the 1991 Ghoul Sex Squad?
GSSscenes.jpg

(hoping the attachment works)
It was filmed using dodgy VHS quality to make a classic hoppy vampire flic and comes complete with bad dubbing and subtitles just like the classic kung fu films. It doesn't come with English, tis a riot all the same.
The reason I bring it up is it seemed so authentic when I first saw it, I was convinced someone had uncovered a hardcore movie from a time where that just wasn't the done thing. When I looked up the date after browsing I couldn't believe the genius of it. And much like Casshern2 I'm kind of surprised none of the companies wants to run with the idea of retro movies in a such a competitive, saturated market.

Reactions: 1 person

CapnAV

Mar 31, 2012
Must correct myself. It does come with English subtitles that are overlayed on the Chinese ones for retro effect, I'd completely forgotten them.
Was unable to find a live torrent however.