Completionism

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

LoliKing25

Jan 9, 2017
Let us talk about Completionism for a moment. If you have any ID Series that you are wanting to get a complete collection of (even one with as much popularity as JUFD-), it can be extremely difficult, if not impossible. Now, don't get me wrong. If the series if less than a year old, it can be a little easier, but generally speaking, anything older than 6 months becomes difficult to find. Even if you visit the thousands of blogs out there dedicated to JAV, and have an account (or multiple accounts) to the dozens of different crypto-locker sites that are hosting the content, you will generally find at least 30 out of 100 Videos missing. This can become very frustrating, as your only option at that point is to go out, try and find a store (if you are in japan) that has any of those titles in stock, and generally they are so rare, that you will wind up paying a high premium for the title. I want to hear your thoughts on this subject! What do you think of completionism? Do you attempt to complete sets, or are you fine with having a mixed collection that does not have a complete run of a series?

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
From my own experience, 2000 or older are difficult to get, but most of mainstream JAV from 2010 and after are more easy to get

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
There are only a few labels that I care about getting complete sets for, MUM being the highest priority.

Reactions: tmas3

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
after a big harddrive crash a few years ago, it's been tough rebuilding my SOD collection, mainly the STAR line, i'm about 90% complete(it was very slow to rebuild) but very hard to find the few i'm missing

Pareidolia

Feb 21, 2017
I'm fine with having a mixed set. KV series from Knights Visual are all pretty golden for their premises, but I really only desire the things like their pacifier prep video series. Same with AGEMIX series and select REAL videos. For completionist sake, if I really like a girl, chances are I'll just want every video from that specific girl unless it includes stuff I really am not a fan of (scat, pegging, maybe BDSM and piss), regardless of label or series they took part in. If I were to try getting every video regardless of actresses or scenario from a studio, it'd probably just Knights Visual since their scope has not varied that greatly and still falls into things I love. MUM and I.B. Works have some golden works to me, but I don't think I could justify wanting to download everything from longer living studios like them due to the amount of videos I don't feel that hot about.
One fear would be that my tastes start changing for certain things from those studios/labels and I miss my window of download opportunity.

LoliKing25

Jan 9, 2017
I would love to share what I have with everyone, however at my current upload speed, that simply is not possible at this time. However, im sure it will become very possible going forward in the future (especially as the 100TB JAV Project deadline draws closer).

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
after a big harddrive crash a few years ago, it's been tough rebuilding my SOD collection, mainly the STAR line, i'm about 90% complete(it was very slow to rebuild) but very hard to find the few i'm missing

I know its might be difficult for the early numbers, have you try to ask some of the guys in the library ? those guys who oftenly upload and reupload might able to help ;)

barba

we all make mistakes
Jun 6, 2007
Do you see that title listed or sale anywhere?
actually, loliking25 nailed it. i've never approached collecting jav titles in terms of set collection. that seemed more reminiscent of my younger days collecting pennies. the 1909-svdb was the hardest to find. in recalling those long-forgotten efforts, i was struck by the similarity to jav's alpha-numeric nomenclature, and took it upon myself to attempt a little humor... very little, as it turns out. in the future, i will limit myself to subjects of more local concern such as chiwa's butthole, yuuna's vagina, and ambidextrous masturbators.

but if you find that penny, you can send it along to me.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Absolutely ridiculous . I can't even be completist about my fav idols . How can any normal person do a studio or big series completionism?

Actually I have a mild case of hording too, but I almost never went so far to be completist about any hobby of mine. When I start collect certain things, seems always the case that some companies (damn you Bandai!) notice it, and start to abuse me (being the most important fan of their products), they start to mix a few crap pieces in the release schedule and then before you know it I switched from being completist to skipping most new releases by default.

Because there are too many completists out there, the companies have to abuse them (who can blame the companies) so the common fans have to suffer the consequences.

I already spend too much time browsing and downloading the vids, and talk about it here than what I really ought to be doing, which is watching JAV and masturbating and/or having sex.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
actually, loliking25 nailed it. i've never approached collecting jav titles in terms of set collection. that seemed more reminiscent of my younger days collecting pennies. the 1909-svdb was the hardest to find. in recalling those long-forgotten efforts, i was struck by the similarity to jav's alpha-numeric nomenclature, and took it upon myself to attempt a little humor... very little, as it turns out. in the future, i will limit myself to subjects of more local concern such as chiwa's butthole, yuuna's vagina, and ambidextrous masturbators.

but if you find that penny, you can send it along to me.
OMG @barba that is hilarious I can’t stop laughing! You pulled a fast one on us! At one point I almost caught on to something because not only could I not find SVBD-1909, I was having no luck finding ANY of the SVBD titles! LOL!! Then I thought, SURELY there haven’t been 1,909 SVBD titles , right?? See, now your avatar makes sense. That’s you looking back at all of us on the train barreling down on you for putting us on a wild goose chase! BWAHAHAHA!!!

LoliKing25

Jan 9, 2017
I think of my collection in terms of DVDs being on a store shelf. Yeah, it would look nice for everything to be there, but simply not practical.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Same here, but I see mine as an online store shelf, so to speak. The HTA application I'm working displays like a DMM view, or, at least almost like one. I'm not trying specifically for that look, I'm using it only as a basis. But it is really nice to search for, say, KTDS, and see all the similar covers next to each other in reverse DVD code order (newest to oldest). This also helps find duplicates that got by me for me to deal with.

I will say (!!) that such a view doesn't help curb the urge to go after all titles in a series to see all those gloriously similar covers with gloriously different women in the same outfits and poses! It's like a wall of fantasy! :cool:

Reactions: ding73ding

LoliKing25

Jan 9, 2017
Same here, but I see mine as an online store shelf, so to speak. The HTA application I'm working displays like a DMM view, or, at least almost like one. I'm not trying specifically for that look, I'm using it only as a basis. But it is really nice to search for, say, KTDS, and see all the similar covers next to each other in reverse DVD code order (newest to oldest). This also helps find duplicates that got by me for me to deal with.

I will say (!!) that such a view doesn't help curb the urge to go after all titles in a series to see all those gloriously similar covers with gloriously different women in the same outfits and poses! It's like a wall of fantasy! :cool:

Try adding in a spine option, so that way it would appear like an actual bookcase. For years I have been trying to find a virtual library type software...

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Try adding in a spine option, so that way it would appear like an actual bookcase. For years I have been trying to find a virtual library type software...
Hmmmm....you've just sentenced me to weeks trying to make that happen! :confused:

Reactions: LoliKing25

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Tried some spines, it didn't look good to me at all, PLUS not all covers are not the exact same dimensions*, so automating spine creation would yield some offset ones all over the place. I'll stick to front covers for now. Look how uniform this looks!

04.jpg

* What I mean by that is...99% of full covers are the same dimensions but the spine area doesn't always begin at the same number of pixels in from the left. Automating the cropping would be a huge hit or miss from one to the next.

Last edited:

LoliKing25

Jan 9, 2017
Tried some spines, it didn't look good to me at all, PLUS not all covers are not the exact same dimensions*, so automating spine creation would yield some offset ones all over the place. I'll stick to front covers for now. Look how uniform this looks!

View attachment 1285704

* What I mean by that is...99% of full covers are the same dimensions but the spine area doesn't always begin at the same number of pixels in from the left. Automating the cropping would be a huge hit or miss from one to the next.
any way to include front and back?