Changing AVI file to .001 file

I love Jgirls

Jun 24, 2008
I have a file with the name hotjav.us_12917.avi.001 and my computer and HJsplit read it as an AVI file. The rest of the files for this video are read as 002, 003 etc. I have tried deleting the .avi from this file, but my computer still recognizes it as an AVI file. This has been a problem with all split video files I have joined recently. I also tried FFSJ, and that didn't work either. Please help, so I can watch split AVI files again.

I love Jgirls

Jun 24, 2008
I found the solution here:http://www.exbii.com/showthread.php?t=230357.

Basically go to Folder and Search Options (located under the Organize tab when in folders in Vista),go to View, and under Advanced Settings, make sure that "Hide File Extensions" is off.

Hopefully that makes since. After you do that, you can delete the .avi at the very end of the file name.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
oww can u explain it clearer

thx

there is an option in windows to hide the files' extensions; you can rename the files but the extensions won't change and it will always call to the same program to be opened (eg. excel for .xml, word for .doc, wmp for .avi, etc.).

this feature is the root of the legendary and stupid "i 've been infected by a virus opening an image file"

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
While I enjoy HJsplit for a number of reasons, (for basic simplicity it can't be beat), there are other options. Simple File Joiner,(found at http://www.peretek.com/sfj.php), would or should solve your problem and is easy to use. I don't believe renaming will be necessary when using this program.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
i've never tried simple file joiner, but i doubt it could be faster than File Splitter Joiner

back on topic, i think you misunderstood the problem: TC probably had the first file named
something.avi.001.avi, and the "hide extensions" options didn't allow him to rename it correctly, because the true extension was hidden...

or so i got it, after reading this:

After you do that, you can delete the .avi at the very end of the file name.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
i've never tried simple file joiner, but i doubt it could be faster than File Splitter Joiner

back on topic, i think you misunderstood the problem: TC probably had the first file named
something.avi.001.avi, and the "hide extensions" options didn't allow him to rename it correctly, because the true extension was hidden...

or so i got it, after reading this:

Could be I misunderstood the problem, the Peretek program works differently than others, or did when I used to use it. It is slower so I stopped using it but it will attempt to join the files in the order you enter them, regardless of the extension or filenames, which was a pretty handy feature. I thought it might be an easier solution for someone having trouble with renaming his files correctly. With HJsplit the files must be accepted in a numerical order with the extension .001 to the number of the last split file,(six files would be .006 extension for example), but Simple File Joiner doesn't work under those restrictions. I have never used the program you mentioned.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
it will attempt to join the files in the order you enter them, regardless of the extension or filenames, which was a pretty handy feature.

oh? handy indeed!
so you were spot on with your previous reply, and it's me who didn't get it :p

I have never used the program you mentioned.

mhmhmhmh... a couple of years ago it was told that FFSJ is 10 times faster than HJSplit, but the latter may have been improved in the meantime, while the first only had a couple of minor updates (well, nice additions but nothing to improve the speed).
FFSJ doesn't require installation and you can password protect your files, plus other interesting features

HTML:
http://www.jaist.ac.jp/~hoangle/filesj/

if you have some spare time give it a try, i'm sure you'll love it :byebye:

ken3021

Nov 28, 2009
HELP!!!!

Question guys how do u work this website any way i tried down loading the file one by one and it says avi.001?????? why dosent it say rar. or Zip. from what i know they come in parts and i need to merch them together how do i do that??

there is an option in windows to hide the files' extensions; you can rename the files but the extensions won't change and it will always call to the same program to be opened (eg. excel for .xml, word for .doc, wmp for .avi, etc.).

this feature is the root of the legendary and stupid "i 've been infected by a virus opening an image file"

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
i can't believe it....

search for HJSplit, it's a free program for joining those parts