Change quotes in posts

magg0t

Sep 24, 2016
Something that's been bothering me since the migration of the site is the quoted posts. Not that there's anything wrong with them, just that they seem to blend into the actual post.

Is it possible to make it more contrast-y in posts rather than the 'blend-into-the-background' colors a quoted piece of text is currently viewed as?
Like maybe, the 'header' portion of a quote - which contains the username (in green) of whose post you're quoting - can have a darker background color, or maybe the border of the quote box could be stronger/thicker etc, something to make it pop/stand out a bit more.

Thanks.

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Something that's been bothering me since the migration of the site is the quoted posts. Not that there's anything wrong with them, just that they seem to blend into the actual post.

Is it possible to make it more contrast-y in posts rather than the 'blend-into-the-background' colors a quoted piece of text is currently viewed as?
Like maybe, the 'header' portion of a quote - which contains the username (in green) of whose post you're quoting - can have a darker background color, or maybe the border of the quote box could be stronger/thicker etc, something to make it pop/stand out a bit more.

Thanks.
Just adding a sample for completeness.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
mhm. seems like there are some monitors on which the contrast is really bad.
i don't have a problem differentiating bween quoted "gray" and the normal white.

But ... like this?
* increased the size of left blue border from 2 to 4 px
* changed to right border to 2px blue
* added highlight-color with transparency for quote-header
quote.JPG

perhaps i'm changing the quote-color to black... not sure yet...
quote2.JPG

magg0t

Sep 24, 2016
yes, something like this would work well. preferably, along with your first suggestion, you could also change the quote text background to a little darker shade.