Cannot render file.. with MPC

ninjinsamax3

Jan 4, 2009
I have been using Media Player Classic for the longest time. When I use to watch the downloaded torrents here, they all work, not until around a few months ago. Not all the torrents that I have downloaded work. Especially the ones that came with more than one video. It does not matter the media file format as I tried the older files with the same format and they work. I reinstalled MPC a few times, but still would not render the file. Anyone have the same problem?

or have a fix..?

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I have been using Media Player Classic for the longest time. When I use to watch the downloaded torrents here, they all work, not until around a few months ago. Not all the torrents that I have downloaded work. Especially the ones that came with more than one video. It does not matter the media file format as I tried the older files with the same format and they work. I reinstalled MPC a few times, but still would not render the file. Anyone have the same problem?

or have a fix..?

from time to time the codecs like DivX or XviD for ex get an update, if they are used to issue the files it may be possible that a player cannot read it. So from time to time the codecs like CCCP should be reloaded or searched for newer versions, and then players should be updated too if it is not done by routine. You even can install the DivX-Player as it brings lots of new codecs with every automatic update.

I have WMP, GOM, VLC and DivX installed so I get the new codecs installed automatically. There are files where GOM and VLC do not work anymore (mostly it´s only GOM) as codecs are missing, DivX at least can read everything...

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Make sure you have the latest codec pack like redrooster suggested. Also make sure that the video you are attempting to watch isnt encrypted and needs a license (trying loading it in Windows Media Player to see if that is the case). We try to weed out encrypted videos but inevitably some will slip through the cracks.

ninjinsamax3

Jan 4, 2009
I reinstalled MPC many times. And I have just downloaded the new K-Lite Mega Pack, and I still have the problem.

I just tried with Windows Media Player, something pop up and said Media Usage Rights. What can I do to get the file work?

I guess there is no work around.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
It doesn't matter how many times you reinstall MPC, it's the codecs installed that make the difference. In this case it seems the video you downloaded is encrypted so there will be no way to play it, I'm sorry. :constipation:

ninjinsamax3

Jan 4, 2009
I thought it would be fine since I down it from this site. Why do people upload the torrent if it is encrypted?

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
I don't really know, some people just post torrents found on other forums and you can't tell if its encrypted or not until you download it and try to play it. We try to keep people from posting encrypted files by warning them then banning them if they persist.

Users like you can help us out by reporting encrypted videos so others don't have to download these worthless, unplayable videos.

ninjinsamax3

Jan 4, 2009
Oh. Thanks, I am new to joining the forum though I have been using it for while.

At first I thought it was the file, and I did waste my time downloading them countless of times.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
You can use the g-spot utility (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/index.htm) to check what codec version you need to play a specific file. I'm not 100 % sure it can identify the latest codec versions as it's not updated since 2007.

Ippo76

Jan 9, 2009
Yep a program to check the video and audio codec of a specific file/movie is more than necessary these days. I use the latest version of MediaInfo (mediainfo.sourceforge.net/) to check the codec information of video files. A big plus you have the option to integrate mediainfo in the windows explorer.