Can I make my user name appear pink ? ...

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
... even though I'm not a mod

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
No, name colors are not customizable on a per-user basis.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Originally Posted by rubiks6
... even though I'm not a mod
For a one-off bit of fun you can manually type custom QUOTE tags. Pink is a bit hard to read...

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
[COLOR="Magenta" said:
Vitreous[/COLOR];756805]For a one-off bit of fun you can manually type custom QUOTE tags. Pink is a bit hard to read...

Well, it was a nice try, Vitreous.

I'd be okay with "Magenta". It looks like a darker version of pink to me, but I guess it's moot anyway.

-------vvv edit vvv --------

Okay, Vitreous - you've got me curious, now. I tried placing the bb "COLOR" and "/COLOR" tags in various positions around your name in the "QUOTE" tag, but could not achieve the effect. (See attached text file for the exact syntax I tried.)

How'dya do it ?????

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
Vitreous said:
Getting the little arrow right is the tricky bit. ...

Yes, yes. I figured you must have hax0rd the entire thing, and didn't know how you did the arrow. (The correct question being 'where did the arrow come from?') Whadja do ? Plow through the html source of a page to find that one ? LOL

If only I had created the correct member name when I first signed up for Akiba, with the html tags embedded. (Not bb tags.) LOL. Are '<' and '>' and '/' acceptable characters in a member name ? ;-)

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
vBulletin has [noparse][noparse][/noparse] tags you can use to show people bbcode examples, i.e.:

[noparse]
Originally Posted by rubiks6
How'dya do it ?????
[/noparse]

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
Aahhh, the [noparse][noparse][/noparse] tag. That one is new to me.

Thanks, Rollyco.

___ . :diploma: . ___