008rv.jpg

009hoy.jpg

010ar.jpg

011to.jpg

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Are these your shots?
There are some very good ones in this lot and that is one photogenic kid!

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Please pardon my language but....

I fucking love this shit! Utterly fantastic!

There have been a few in some discussion threads that question whether photos can be considered art. I just don't understand how people can be so daft as not to understand what art is. This is art, thank you so much for sharing these with us supermax.

I particularly like the fourth picture down, very classic stuff. The fifth picture is perhaps my favorite, and although I think that might have worked as well in color, it is still very powerful and moving. The other pictures are very good also IMHO and I think it is a wonderful portrayal of both the subject and humanity as well, (as I see it anyway but then everyone is a critic right?).

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
I think they are great pics too! I liked the train station ones and the Washington snow reminds me why I moved away from there.

I do wish however that Supermax would have been considerate enough to put them all in one thread.

I see as I'm typing now that there is a title block and then add the pics relating to the title he typed in for the reply.

Now, all other topics from other members are bumped to page two nearing page three and beyond....
Just a matter of courtesy IMHO.

A good example of oodles of pics in one thread is handyman's thread, "Photos from Japan". All 147 pages tucked neatly into one thread.
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6963

supermax

Akiba Citizen
Oct 10, 2008
I did suggest a new sub-forum General Viewing, but still they don't consider my input

it's in here
hxxp://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166525

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
I did suggest a new sub-forum General Viewing, but still they don't consider my input

it's in here
hxxp://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166525
Ok...I went to that thread and i see you got two of your pic posts in that one thread so WHY couldn't you do the same here?

supermax

Akiba Citizen
Oct 10, 2008
Ok...I went to that thread and i see you got two of your pic posts in that one thread so WHY couldn't you do the same here?

2 pic posts are SAMPLEs, in response to redrooster's query. You have not read the first post, and the last post. did you ?

different people have different ways do the postings. Some people prefer posting into 1 big thread topic, others prefer separate topics to express their point of views

for example, this black and white topic must stand alone by itself. Because it is art. If you post it in the same topic with Washington snowstorm, or the Chinese people crushing to get a train ride home, or tsunami/earthquake disaster... then they don't make any sense at all

from my point of view, Akiba should have sub-forums, say, Image Gallery, perhaps. Or a Photography sub-forum, so that photgraphers can contribute and share their photo shots. Or Funny stuffs which has the funny pics, or pics that can make people laugh, pics can make people feel relax and ease after a hard day working, for example. Or, Cool Pics that contains the photos of nature, ocean, animals, human beings, society...

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
You are absolutely right. I can understand how Aqua2213 feels about the multitude of new posts in a sort amount of time, however to cram all these photos in a single topic is probably going overboard. Your idea to sub-divide is a nice idea I think, for example:

places
  • railway line in China
  • Jerusalem aerial view
  • Maldives and the ocean
  • inside the Pixar studio
events
  • Santa parade in New York
  • Xmas yachts parade in California
  • Putin & judo training
  • New Year's TV Spot "Blue light", in Russia black and white
  • house under fire
  • Flights delay, waiting, sleepy at airport