Beware With Windows 10. He Knows Too Much About You.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
The problem for a lot of people are eventually going to be that DirectX 12 will be Windows 10 exclusive. So eventually anybody who plays any games are going to have to switch, hopefully by that time people have figured out how to disable ALL the E.T phone home crap.

The above it what drives all companies to force upgrades.
Make the new stuff so that it is NOT backward compatible

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
MS violates our privacy only if they're violate their own

Well, you make some good points but keep in mind that Microsoft is constantly hoarding what many percieve to be a monopoly when it comes to personal computer operating systems. Competition is almost non-existent and it is quite obvious they intend to keep it that way. (This may explain why they have been taken to court on more than one instance over the issue). Powerful? Microsoft thumbed their noses at Chinas personal government appeal to extend services and updates on older Windows versions (China only has a population of around 1.5 billion people, that is a lot of customers). So, if you want to put your trust and faith that a vast powerful conglomerate with an annual income that exceeds most countries gives two shits about using your personal information in order to improve their bottom line........I got some beachfront property in Arizonia you might be interested in.

Now I do agree that it is highly unlikely that MS has any personal vendettas in mind with the information they gather. Mind you, if they did have any personal vendettas I would not want to be the target of any. Basically, people are just dollars and cents to a corporation of that size and they don't matter in any other form. Nor does a company grow to that size without stepping on people as if they were nothing more than an ends to a means (which is how they and software "rivals" are viewed). You could see a lot of "conspiracy theories" in someone as powerful as that, some just might be true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft_Corp.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Computer,_Inc._v._Microsoft_Corp.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_litigation

ekop

Aug 31, 2008
It's not about whether I believe MS or not ... I believe they smart enough to not mess around with their own legal documents.
If they do collect and use our data beyond the usage of their services as big as MS now it will take them down.

Lots of site who say win 10 have privacy issue use Microsoft Services Agreement section 7b below which they interpret that MS will scan your HDD and collect whatever file or data you have
'Sometimes you’ll need software updates to keep using the Services. We may automatically check your version of the software and download software updates or configuration changes, including those that prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices. You may also be required to update the software to continue using the Services. Such updates are subject to these Terms unless other terms accompany the updates, in which case, those other terms apply. Microsoft isn’t obligated to make any updates available and we don’t guarantee that we will support the version of the system for which you licensed the software.'

They intentionally cut and quote long legal document and make a case of it ... they intentionally omit 1st line of that document that say 'These terms (“Terms”) cover the use of those Microsoft’s consumer products, websites, and services listed here (the “Services”).'
When I see someone do that the privacy concern they say it's not my main concern
When I see someone do that I question their motive ... black campaign? For who?
They betting that most people won't read whole document top to bottom and make a sensation of it.

Like I say before if you know that MS collect and use your data beyond what they say on their Microsoft Services Agreement and Microsoft Privacy Statement you should try to find the proof.
If you have privacy concern with Microsoft Services Agreement and Microsoft Privacy Statement then you'll have bigger concern with how google collect and use your data :D

Reactions: fruxano

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
Ekop
Yes, Google is the anti-christ for sure..
Ceewan
I've been on the Micro$oft beta developer team since Windows 95.
They seem to be trying to be everything you say.
Point of interest, IBM developed hidden spyware way back in the day.
Requested by the US government.
Have you ever seen a government program canceled? Can you say NSA?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Ekop
Yes, Google is the anti-christ for sure..
Ceewan
I've been on the Micro$oft beta developer team since Windows 95.
They seem to be trying to be everything you say.
Point of interest, IBM developed hidden spyware way back in the day.
Requested by the US government.
Have you ever seen a government program canceled? Can you say NSA?

Google is a small time player compared to Microsoft. IBM at one time was dependent on Government contracts in order to stay in business....and almost went broke anyway. Smart people at IBM though, they adapted to the market. Government programs get cancelled all the time, what is remarkable is to see them be sustained. The NSA get a lot of crap but they were given "mission impossible" and they are just trying to do their job. That does not mean I approve of their methods but I do approve of their results, and so should every American. That is called Patriotism. But really, all this is off the subject and I won't get drawn into a conversation into this matter (no matter how delightful the discourse is sure to be).

As far as Microsoft goes their "terms of service" could be viewed as little more than bullying and extortion as many businesses and private citizens have no choice but to use their software and operating sytems because of a severe lack of competetion and software compatability with the competition that is available. Courts have overruled such "contracts" before as being unintelligible and not expected to be read or fully understood by average users. Of course this too is just an academic argument but I do enjoy one from time to time, I don't really expect everyone to come around to my point of view.