赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007

midion

Sep 13, 2008
Hi

So..........

I'm in the military and plan on moving to Japan in a few years. I will be in Japan by the end of the year but I get out the Army in 2011. I plan on just staying there.

Getting a Japanese citizenship did sound cool until I read someone talking about giving up your US citizenship.

While I'm not that big a fan of the US. I was born here and joining the army was a good idea.

Really good stepping stone in life. I have made so many contacts that it's crazy. I have met people from many different places in the world.

I don't care about racism in Japan because i'm 100% positive it's nothing compared to the racism I had to deal with growing up in the US. Even in the military I deal with racism from people. Oh yea i'm African American.

I personally consider myself to be a very lazy laid back person. I hate to stress out about life and figure as long as i'm enjoying myself not much else matters(not at the expense of others mind you!).

I plan on not working as much as possible. So knowing what kind of person I am. I developed my lazy work ethic. Which is to work hard to be lazy. I started trading stocks about 2 1/2 years ago and lucked into some really good stocks.

I also think i'm really lucky in a random sort of way. People told me I would lose all my money in the stock market on penny or micro stocks. I made a little over 50,000 on one of my first 5 stock picks that I put a total of 4grand into the winner(eh the rest of the money I had saved).

I was actually in Iraq when this happened. I shortly went on leave later and spent about 20 grand while I was in Germany for 18 days. I gave the rest of the money to my mom and sis.

I really like spending money and have no qualms with helping out friends. I figure everything will come back to you in one way or another.

I recently switched over to the Forex market about 5 months ago and I do think i may retirement will be within the next 5 years.

I have no college degree. I am taking online classes for college though. I want an associates in computer science(I work on computers) and a Masters in Creative Writing. I have watched anime since I was little and I don't want to move o live in Japan for that reason.

I just think people are really racist there and don't see why so many others want to move there. I also think some other countries are alot safer. I have been shot at a few times in my life and i'm not that big on wanting to fight and stuff.

I just like to relax and have fun. I really like to cook foods from all over and like photography. I also like money and have probably spent more money on others than I ever have myself.

So trading stocks and forex is what i do or for a living. I already make more than the army pays me a month which isn't much.

I plan on getting out and traveling the world. I have already been to Germany, Italy, Austria, Iraq(lol, a few times), Canada, and now i'm stationed in Korea.

Just sucks that I will be 27 by the time I get out. Stick to your dreams people. My dream of traveling, backpacking, meeting people from all over, and working much will come true!

You can do anything you want to in life within reason. Remember that alot times in life it's who you know. I made sure to get in good with all the civilians that work for the army. I was told by many different people that they could easily get me a job in japan if I wanted one.

I think my biggest reason for leaving the US is racism. I have been to many different countries and haven't dealt with people being racist like I have in the US. Not that i'm saying all people in the US are racist.

Most if not all of my friends are white. Some of their family members are racist though it makes kinda annoying visiting them sometimes.

I guess I just find it stressing to have to deal with. I also love meeting people from different countries. I want to learn to cook foods from all over.

Plus having a white gf seems to annoy some in the US. Maybe it's because we moved to the south when I was little I don't know.

I like women from all over though and that's another reason to travel. Not to have sex with ever woman I meet. I'm not that being on having sex all the time because there is more in life and I really don't want to shorten mine by getting an STD or something.

I do know some Japanese but then again I know some of alot of languages(good idea to know if you want to travel the world). I guess i'm just rambling now because I'm bored and I really thought this topic was interesting. More so than alot of others I have seen here. I haven't in that many places on here though.

All I reall have to say to the topic starter is to have a plan even if it's a half assed plan and follow your dreams. In life there are many different paths to reach your goals. Some people gave you some really good advice here. Just take in the positive and ignore the negative.

There are always negative people that want to be assholes because it makes them feel good about the selfs or smart.

I only wrote the other stuff for background I guess and because i'm not doing anything else right now. I do think Japanese women look hot but I really like Italian women.

I am into the BDSM scene though and I have met more Japanese girls that are into than American. Actually alot of German women also. Then again is more about the lifestyle than sex.

I have been told that there is really good BDSM scene in Japan if you know where to look. I already know women there so no worries on people telling that it doesn't exist.

Hmmm I wonder about mountain climbing in Japan........

I like it here in Korea somewhat. The people seem pretty cool. Most I have met are friendly but that's because I come off as a very friendly person I guess.

I guess i'll stop typing now. lol

I wonder how long this is. :dunno:

[edit] Just noticed that aqua guy is banned. Go figure. He does taking really nice Pics though. I wonder what kind of camera he uses. I have a D80 myself but I won't get a more expensive one until I can take really good pictures with this one.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Aqua's banned?!?!?!

midion

Sep 13, 2008
LoL, no I noticed it was your avatar a while later. With all the people I here about getting laid off. I hope I won't have a problem getting a contracting job in Japan.

shunislo

Mar 24, 2009
why do you guys even bother with convincing the emo not to go to japan? Just encourage him if he wants to do it. He will learn from the mistakes from his own experiences. He will see how much he was wrong once he gets there.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Hahaha you ain't wrong. I just like to remove the undesirables from having to wander around and make the rest of us foreigners look bad.

BOFH_of_OZ

Oct 27, 2008
Hmm... seems like a rather nice and even informative thread, once one decides to ignore all the personally directed stuff...

I've got an impression, though, that OP wasn't able to express the real question behind his question, and so didn't get quite what he was looking for. Correct me if I'm wrong, but typically, by "get Japanese citizenship" people usually mean "I want to immigrate to Japan and live there for the rest of my life". Well, that's what permanent residency is all about. There's a small technical difference between being a citizen and permanent resident, but for all practical purposes it's the same from our gaijin point of view. After all, I'm pretty sure we couldn't care less about being able to vote or run for the office in Japan...

I'll say it one more time, Aquamarine is right about a lot of things, you can't dispute first hand experience.
No, but you can point out that this experience is subjective, as everyone has it different. So, for example, my firsthand experience may or may not be the same.

Hahaha you ain't wrong. I just like to remove the undesirables from having to wander around and make the rest of us foreigners look bad.
I'm pretty sure it's a bit too late for that. All you can do is wander around and try to make the rest of us look a little better ^_^

Kenpachi God

Cpt. Of the 11th Squad
Apr 23, 2009
I thought if you were married to a Japanese citizen then you got partial member ship [ like green cards in america]

japanteenidol

Jan 29, 2008
why do so many white people get offended if they are looked at different from japanese, or asian people in general..alot of the same happens to asian people but we dont care. thats life somtimes, tough it out yo. and obviously a person who doesnt not look japanese AT ALL, or is caucasian will be least likely to be picked over a japanese, because its they are japanese. haha.. common sense I think..?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Disregard... the fuck-tard who posted before me either has been banned or simply had his post deleted - the same fucker that asked in private where he could find girls that are easy to r*** on the street. What the FUCK is wrong with some Turkish men? Holy fuck.

For those interested: The user is 'jihadist'

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
はい、私は日本語も入力できる。 重要な, ね?

joeystarr

Jul 7, 2008
はい、私は日本語も入力できる。 重要な, ね?

日本語を入力できるようだが、どうみても日本語話せねぇなぁ・・・
あんだけ偉そうな態度があったくせに、マジでなさけねぇ。

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
どうみても日本語話せねぇなぁ・・・
LOL, how do you figure?

As for the なさけねぇ bit, isn't it a little more unimpressive of you to come along and say that in Japanese? If you'd said it in English, it might have been more convincing that you were quite secure in your own grasp of the language and were trying to put aquamarine in his place. But by replying to him in Japanese of your own, aren't you undermining your own position? Aren't you in effect flaunting your own fluency? The very thing you accused him of being all too 偉そう about?

Anyway, gentlemen, gentlemen, please. If you must compare your Japanese with someone else's, let me provide you with a more suitable punching bag. ;p
my Japanese said:
僕だって日本語が話すことが出来る。だが、僕の日本語は下手だし、外国人の考え方の文法も使いすぎるし、やっぱ駄目だ。僕には日本語がペラペラに話すことが出来る人を騙すことがやっぱり駄目だ。
There you go. Dissect away. Beat up on a guy who hasn't formally studied the language now in over 2 years and who doesn't live there and has never been there.

Kenpachi God

Cpt. Of the 11th Squad
Apr 23, 2009
wow just wow [ claps hands]

joeystarr

Jul 7, 2008
LOL, how do you figure?

As for the なさけねぇ bit, isn't it a little more unimpressive of you to come along and say that in Japanese? If you'd said it in English, it might have been more convincing that you were quite secure in your own grasp of the language and were trying to put aquamarine in his place. But by replying to him in Japanese of your own, aren't you undermining your own position? Aren't you in effect flaunting your own fluency? The very thing you accused him of being all too 偉そう about?

That's true enough. Thing is, english ain't my language and although I can't most certainly speak a better english than japanese, I'd rather speak japanese any day. But that doesn't change the fact that you're totaly right.
Anyway, I'm sure aquamarine wouldn't raise to such a bait (or does he simply doesn't understand?). I was kinda pissed off by the "we don't need more gaijin like him" attitude.
Basically I'm in total agreement with almost everything he said and I do think his replies are just hilarious (especially the "yes I NEED to be rude" ones).
I've been living and working for almost 3 years in Japan and I can speak, write and read japanese.
I DO hate those idiots who come to japan, who cannot speak a bloody word of japanese and don't give a fuck. After getting off at Narita they just go straight to roppongi's ガスパニック to get themselves one of those gaijin hunter girls... I guess that's cause they cannot get girls in their own country... because of those guys, gaijin are getting a bad rep. Exactly what aquamarine says.

Except... what the hell is he doing in Japan? He said he came here for money, coz he could make way more than in Canada. He doesn't speak japanese.
So basically the only difference I see between him and those assholes is that he's not into the gaijin hunters...

I came to Japan because I wanted to be able to speak japanese everyday (and Japan is the only place where I can) and since I was working in IT, I found a job here, in a japanese company and I got a visa. But the thing is, I know some people back home who want to speak japanese very bad, who really love the language and the culture and who cannot get good jobs and visa here. So I just cannot stand those guys who are living in japan, don't speak japanese and don't give a fuck about japan... just here to make money and get tight asian pussy, fucking idiots the whole lot of them.

I know aquamarine ain't that guy, like he said, he's just acting the jerk. Saw his pictures (great btw), and I imagine he loves japan. Plus, he's saying true things.

I guess I just couldn't resist the temptation of trying to put him back in place which was immature and pretty useless since he most obviously doesn't give a fuck.

For all people working in Japan, enjoy the end of your GW (if you have one).

joeystarr

Jul 7, 2008
There you go. Dissect away. Beat up on a guy who hasn't formally studied the language now in over 2 years and who doesn't live there and has never been there.

Oh and btw, his japanese is good. he deserve to come here, work here so his japanese could get more natural. only japanese people can teach you that i guess.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I know aquamarine ain't that guy, like he said, he's just acting the jerk. Saw his pictures (great btw), and I imagine he loves japan. Plus, he's saying true things.

I guess I just couldn't resist the temptation of trying to put him back in place which was immature and pretty useless since he most obviously doesn't give a fuck.

PM me with a photo of you and I swear to god I'm going to hug you if I see you on the streets.

joeystarr

Jul 7, 2008
PM me with a photo of you and I swear to god I'm going to hug you if I see you on the streets.

aah, I appreciate the feeling but... non merci, I'm not into white boys. and...fat? from what I red in another post? forgive me if I'm wrong...