Ban new members from posting images and links?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
Some idiot has been creating new accounts to spam the forum with links to some really dodgy site lately.

This has to stop. I don't even want to open his posts just to report them anymore. Srsly, it creeps me out.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I'm not 100% sure, but do you mean these "PTHC ART MODELS Lolita FORUM Boy&Girl 3-12Y!!New Update!!" threads popping up lately? I haven't count how many times I've reported them up until now.
But I'm not sure - from a technical perspective - how you want to prevent that from happening. I mean you can close the registration of you new members, but I'm not sure if you really want that. ;)

Reactions: CoolKevin

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
I'm not 100% sure, but do you mean these "PTHC ART MODELS Lolita FORUM Boy&Girl 3-12Y!!New Update!!" threads popping up lately? I haven't count how many times I've reported them up until now.
But I'm not sure - from a technical perspective - how you want to prevent that from happening. I mean you can close the registration of you new members, but I'm not sure if you really want that. ;)
Yeah, that guy. He can get us in trouble with those posts.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Yeah, that guy. He can get us in trouble with those posts.

You must be assuming we are the only forum on the internet that is being spammed by that bot (because it is a bot, make no doubt). As long as the mods keep deleting the theads we will be okay. That is not to say that banning links to that imagehost is a bad idea, because I think it is a good one but banning vocabulary words is censorship and it will do more harm than good.

Reactions: chroniciousfox

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
yes I am with you all

a new IP everytime, otherwise it is picked up, and we do have other measures as well, not sure how many that are stopped before it hits the board

if you see it, as said before please report it,

Thank you to all those that do

Manaphy2007

Awesome guy
Feb 19, 2009
first i heard of this, must be because i havent been on this site the day my last laptop died which was early this year, i say between jan and feb. well its good someone is trying to keep this site from getting banned