Automated Cover Downloading

LoliKing25

Jan 9, 2017
Does anyone know how to automate cover downloading? For example, lets say I want to get every cover from the ID, "JUKD". How would I go about doing that? Does anyone collect covers (even for titles they do not have)? How do you personally do it?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I'm too lazy to code a way to download them properly. Delete everything in your temporary internet files, or COPY them away somewhere and then delete everything from the original path, then open the attached. Let them all load then you'll have them in the temporary internet files folder. Just copy them out to where you want them.

Delete .txt to rename the attached to JUKD.html

EDIT: SORRY forgot the minor detail that you just need to rename the attachment and open it with Internet Explorer specifically. I use Firefox my self but this to grab all available covers.

Attachments

• JUKD.html.txt
    69.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Reactions: LoliKing25

Darkprince88

Nov 2, 2016
try Jav Movie Scraper https://github.com/DoctorD1501/JAVMovieScraper/releases

You could also try automating the process with some basic scripting. I used this script to run recursively through folders and scrape from Javlibrary. It is poorly optimized (like not at all) but it kinda does its job.

For this to work you need to have each Jav in a seperate Folder. I have each of them in its own folder like this: JUFD-240\JUDF-240.mp4

Step 1: Download Jav Movie Scraper

Step 2: Create Powershell-Script

Code:
Get-ChildItem -File -Exclude *.jpg,*.nfo,*ps1,*xml -Recurse | Foreach {java -jar D:\Javscraper\JAVMovieScraper.jar -scrape javlibrary $_.fullname}

• Copy the Code in a new Text-File
  • Adjust the Path to your JavMovieScraper.jar
  • rename the Ending of the File to .ps1 and put in the directory with your JAV Files
Step 3: Create Settings XML

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE properties SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/properties.dtd">
<properties>
<comment/>
<entry key="Preferences:renamerString">&lt;TITLE&gt; [&lt;ACTORS&gt;] (&lt;YEAR&gt;) [&lt;ID&gt;]</entry>
<entry key="Preferences:createFolderJpg">true</entry>
<entry key="Preferences:sanitizerForFilename">[\\/:*?"&lt;&gt;|\r\n]|[ ]+$|(?&lt;=[^.])[.]+$|(?&lt;=.{250})(.+)(?=[.]\p{Alnum}{3}$)</entry>
</properties>

The important setting here is <entry key="Preferences:createFolderJpg">true</entry> .
  • Copy the Code in a new Text-File
  • rename the File to settings.xml and put in the same directory as Step 2

The script looks for file names in the folder and scrapes for each one and creates a few files(excluded are JPG-Images, NFO-Files, XML-Files)
  • .NFO File with Information scrapped from javlibrary (Actresses, Genres, Studio etc.)
  • several JPG-Files (Cover, Fanart)
  • a folder.jpg File which is the cover
Step 4: Right-Click the .ps1 File and Run with powershell

Step 5: Wait and hope everything works out :)

Last edited:
Reactions: LoliKing25

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Depending on the studio, I manually download them. Sometimes there are covers that are larger than the standard 800×540 so I dig them up myself. It takes a long time but I usually do this for translating purposes because I can't always read the blurry text in a typical cover image.
The file I attached will display the full 800x540 covers. :D