Attaching torrents

Corkson

Nov 15, 2007
Some people are still posting those troublesome, indirect, pop-up laden links that we all hate.

Some other kind souls are taking it upon themselves to post replies to these with the torrent attached.

Your effort is appreciated. Thank you for your spirit of unsolicited generosity. It helps improve the site one torrent attachment at a time.

:bow-pray:

chippy

Satyagrahi
Feb 10, 2008
I think this should be the beginning of a discussion regarding a new rule.

sliverz

Dec 24, 2008
Totally agree..

if cashlink is not allowed, why should easy-share be allowed??
it's far worst than site like cashlink, etc..

we need new rules!

CH82

Jan 30, 2009
I was just about to post a topic like this. I think the general rule should be all torrents should be attached

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
We are thinking of enforcing a rule as such. There is no centered discussion around this as of yet but we do feel your pain. All good things come in time.
desioner

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
IMO there needs to be standardized posting rules to keep this forum clean, efficient and easier to moderate.
There is so many duplicate posts in the JAV censored/uncensored forums that it's becoming somewhat time consuming to navigate them! Some are in English or Hiragana/Katakana and some are in Kanji and even Mandarin!!
There is still an awful lot of posters using cashlinks or the likes and a few of the members and mods have taken to downloading and attaching the torrents which is great.

May I suggest for starters:
1. Search before starting torrent threads.
2. Titles must be in English and/or Hiragana/Katakana/Kanji whichever is applicable.
3. Titles must include filesize and format.
4. All files (torrents, covers, screenshots) must be attached to thread.

If any rule changes occur is it possible that when we login we are automatically directed to the new rules?

All criticisms/suggestions welcome.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
You can use the "disapprove" function, if you want. Just click on the scales
reputation.gif

You will subtract from the user's reputation, and they will receive a message with the reason you wrote.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
what about adding a de-thanks button where users can de-thank those who do not upload the files.

???
But there IS such a button, after you thanked someone, you can always "Remove Your Thanks".
I see it on the same line (right side) as "The Following User Says Thank You to xxx For This Useful Post:". Just try to thank me and you will see :perfectplan:

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
It seems all the duplicate posts, cashlinks etc are not such an issue for most people here after all! :baffled:

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
The cash links are simple to kill with script.
It's worse with the fact where users upload stuff from other sites without even checking if the links work or torrents are dead or not.

Even to the extent where the trt link is dead, or non existent or even blatantly pointing to the wrong file pack vs. what was intended for posting/sharing to begin with.

I am "discussing" this issue elsewhere at the moment what can be done.

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
Just to say that I've been here ...

... read the thread and agree with most of what's been said.

Torrent files are so incredibly tiny, the only way that should be allowed to be posted is as a direct attachment to a post. Why should anyone have to 'direct download' a .torrent file ?!? Isn't that sort of an oxymoron ???

_____ . :dunno: . _____

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
... read the thread and agree with most of what's been said.

Torrent files are so incredibly tiny, the only way that should be allowed to be posted is as a direct attachment to a post. Why should anyone have to 'direct download' a .torrent file ?!? Isn't that sort of an oxymoron ???

_____ . :dunno: . _____

I so agree with this...

"There are only two kinds of morons you never get rid of...
Bl**dy morons and oxymorons"