Asshole developers at Mozilla

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
I am so sick of great programs being destroyed by developers who sell out.
Nothing is compatible with Firefox Quantum. FireFTP, DownloadThem All, the list goes on ... and ...on.

I come home and Firefox auto updated again even after I've turned off Automates and disabled the update service. A quick search on the net, and you'll find hundreds of others complaining about the same thing.
These F...U...CKING assholes at Mozilla are forcing updates. Every great plugin extension I had loaded, and configured is now GONE/REMOVED because of these pricks who want to rule the world.
Mozilla is now an example of total corporatism. I've spent a lot of time setting up plugins that I use daily, and now they're gone. These fuckers even changed my search engine. Who the fuck walks into your home and tells you where you put your couch? Communists.

Everything is this world is turning to shit, the new world order of the cloud of assholes.

I wanted to get back into IT, but I don't know anymore. I'm starting to hate the computer world. There is no freedom anymore. We are driving cars that tell us where to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: fezzie

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
I switched to Waterfox as soon as I learned that Mozilla started opting in users for data collection.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Thanks PJB! I just tried it:
I'm liking it a LOT so far. I was able to install ALL the plugins I use.
Thanks for the advice!

It just pisses me off how you spend all this time setting up your plugins for your production, and the devs at Mozilla have no regard for anyone but their own interest. Imagine if you were a business and your company depended on these tools. You would be down for days till your IT admin could find the right version to roll back to and then implement it across the domains. I hope the masses stop using anything from the dick heads at Mozilla.

spread the word to your friends and family about how Mozilla has sold out. They've gotten too big, and they need to be shrunk down and stepped on.

Last edited:

kunoichi

Occasional Visitor
Mar 26, 2007
Yes, developers need to move their extensions to the newer cross-browser WebExtensions API, unfortunately some developers have not been keeping up or didn't bother migrating their extensions at all... :(

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision on Mozillas part, but deprecating old extensions and plugins was something they had to do in order to make Firefox more secure, faster and modern.

Luckily someone took it up to migrate Rikaichan and there is now a Rikaichamp extension.

Anyway, it is not a good idea to run an old browser if you also use your computer for private things, running an old browser that came out before the January Spectre/Meltdown fixes is very insecure and could result in websites dumping your computers memory and any passwords in it.

Reactions: vincent_z

_2old_

Love those pretty panties
Jun 29, 2010
Thanks for the Waterfox tip. Installing it now.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
This kind of sucks
So I have the Complete Youtube Saver plugin for Waterfox - it installed OK.
But when I try to use it, nothing happens. There is no popup that gives you an option to save anything. Anyone else having this issue? Unfortunately, moving back to Firefox is not an option either because the new quantum version has no support for The Complete Youtube Saver plugin. As mentioned, it installs ok under waterfox, and FFmpeg also says it's installed ok, but the plugin will not work.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I was automatically upgraded a while back. I just uninstalled it and reinstalled 56.0.2 and I've been good since. Sure I get prompted to upgrade almost every day but I don't. Are users forced to upgrade? Hasn't happened to me yet.

ff.jpg

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
Yep, I did the same thing. I went for weeks without an issue. Then somehow it automatically updated.
No matter what the reason is. developers like Mozilla, and Microsoft.. ect. Should NEVER force updates on people. These kinds of actions can stop business operations dead in their tracks while IT personal scramble to get get software working again. Company's can loose millions in a day if they are large enough.

Obviously Mozilla can't be sued because they are free, but when a company like Microsoft does what they did with Win10, (scanning people's drives with older versions of windows, and automatically updating them) There should be class action law suites on a global scale.

Reactions: Casshern2

ether202

Akiba Citizen
Jun 26, 2010
Don't get too comfortable with Waterfox, it's based on Firefox ESR 52.7, which is a version of Firefox that is available for people needing older versions but still updated with security patches. Around May two more bumps to that 52.8 and 52.9 will be released but that winds down those versions, by August the ESR version will be bumped to 60, so those legacy plugins won't work anymore in ESR and eventually Waterfox when they move to that, which they pretty much have to be keeping up with security updates. Of course everyone's free to use older versions of software forever but it's probably not advisable for something as big of an attack vector as a web browser and to keep up with new technologies, as painful as it is sometimes. I've found alternative for basically all of my legacy extensions so far except Status-4-Evar and RedditNotifier.

As much as you don't like it, what are they supposed to do? They need to keep people safe, they need to have a good stable product. The old extensions API allowed addon developers to change the browser in too many ways and was a nightmare when trying to diagnose people's browser stability problems, thus giving Firefox the reputation for crashing a lot or being problematic when it was some errant addons causing problems. Something as critical as a web browser which people use heavily every day needs to be secure and web standards move fairly fast, they have to keep updating to keep the browser safe, secure, fast and competitive.

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
Heh, I bet you have an antivirus package installed on your system to make you feel safe. :)

The Waterfox developer already stated he plans to continue extension support. It's likely support for now deprecated Firefox plugins will continue.
Besides, there are plenty more forks available - Palemoon for instance.

Last edited:

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
So I suppose many of you are aware that Firefox (starting with 53.0 I think) among some other browsers, are now allowing websites to run scrips that brake the ability to right click and download images, or even open images in a new tab (which I used all the time) The fix that everyone is talking about online about:config dom.event.contextmenu.enabled doesn't work at all. Obviously Mazilla has left the setting, but broke it in the core of the code so users can't re enable it again. Maybe Mazilla is being forced to comply with a new law of some kind.
Thankfully there are forks like Waterfox that still allow it. For now at least until the Communists threaten the open source developers.