Are there any way to play StreamSB / Akamai url ?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jons

Dec 17, 2022
I have been searching a way to play url of StreamSB / Akamai cdn in media player like VLC, MPV
A sign to recognize those url is that the embedded player has a BLUE play button and the format of url is sth like https://delivery123.akamai-cdn-content.com/hls2/...
Streamlink could be used but then it plays as an continuous segment, can't really skip forward unless starting over with hls offset command.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Usually you just have to figure out the m3u8 playlist link with something like videodownloadhelper and use that, unless the site has extra protections. Hard to say without a working example.

jons

Dec 17, 2022
A few working examples are any movie on javmovs.com (server 1) or javgg.net (streamsb)
Those http headers extracted from devtools only help when using Streamlink.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I can't test it at all so can't help with it. The video player always fails to load on both of those sites, even in a browser with no local ad or script block. I guess it's using ad sites as part of their process to load the video and my router adblock interferes with that.

• Sad
Reactions: jons