Apple Crackdown on alleged child abuse images, and a potential dystopian tech-oligarchy

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

LoliKing25

Jan 9, 2017
For years now, it has been fairly common knowledge that phone and computer manufactures include backdoors into all of their products (working in IT is what initially drove me to find this out). However, it appears as though Apple has publicly (I have no doubt that Apple and other companies already do this to some degree behind the scenes) announced plans for a "NueralMatch", which is a system that will scan all photos, and videos on a person's phone (and computers) for known hashes involved in Child exploitation material. Heres the downside to this. Once something like this is implemented, no matter what the initial goal was behind it, it will always be used to further crackdown on those that those companies and/or governments deem to be dissidents or that they wish to get rid of (think of Russia in this case). This will (in my mind) also apply to those of us who watch u15 junior idols (a touchy subject, but I can assure you that not all of us who watch it are sexually interested in the person being shown in the video/s). I am curious as to what everyone thinks about this?

https://apnews.com/article/technolo...se-apple-inc-7fe2a09427d663cda8addfeeffc40196

jjjjeczalik

Where are you, Miho =(
Mar 9, 2009
Once something like this is implemented, no matter what the initial goal was behind it, it will always be used to further crackdown on those that those companies and/or governments deem to be dissidents or that they wish to get rid of (think of Russia in this case).
If you are an American, pull your head out of the sand (I'm referring to the tired old Russia trope). America is currently ahead of the curve when it comes to the persecution of its citizens and will remain so until its last day.

As to your question ("I am curious as to what everyone thinks about this?"), the sheep that have been worshipping their portable surveillance devices (commonly referred to as "phones") for the past fifteen years get what they deserve.

Sent from my 18-year-old PC running Windows XP.

LoliKing25

Jan 9, 2017
If you are an American, pull your head out of the sand (I'm referring to the tired old Russia trope). America is currently ahead of the curve when it comes to the persecution of its citizens and will remain so until its last day.

As to your question ("I am curious as to what everyone thinks about this?"), the sheep that have been worshipping their portable surveillance devices (commonly referred to as "phones") for the past fifteen years get what they deserve.

Sent from my 18-year-old PC running Windows XP.
Im well aware of that, as I am aware that every machine has a backdoor. Its the fact that they have come out and said it publicly that scares me. I left IT/tech work because I felt like I was doing far more harm than good. I never really worked with phones, only desktops and laptops. One reason why I dropped portable hard drives (easy to scan contents and upload to a server), and went with DVDs on a Laptop (have yet to airgap it though sadly, but even then its not 100 percent secure).

jjjjeczalik

Where are you, Miho =(
Mar 9, 2009
DVDs on a Laptop (have yet to airgap it though sadly, but even then its not 100 percent secure).
DVDs on a laptop with no Internet access is 100 percent secure. Whatever devices you have that can connect to the Internet should only be used for using the Internet.

Reactions: LoliKing25