Akihabara - have you been there

itsrekka

lurker
Dec 25, 2011
Just a random question...does anyone live in or have they visited Akihabara? ..if so whats it like?...is it an area to visit or whats it like to live there...?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
What is an akihabara ?

itsrekka

lurker
Dec 25, 2011
What is an akihabara ?
lol your kidding right? ..i mean the area....im not a stalker or anything but didnt you once write a message to Ai-iki ---->
aquamarine
My best suggestion is check out 'AV Factory' in Akihabara. If you go in and the guy behind the main floor or second floor counter is a tall J-dude with colored silver and sparkly hair, say hi and tell him you are a friend of "Pozzy", he might end up shoving some extra items that are usually reserved for fan-service promotion days from behind the counter into your bag.
How long are you here for?
so surely you have been there??..
please dont hit me :scared:

Aug 25, 2010
I've been there many times on my japan trips. It's got a ton of bright lights, more tech/av shops and more akb48 stuff than just about anywhere else. The arcades there are great as well. Besides that, I don't think it's that different than other sections of tokyo.

itsrekka

lurker
Dec 25, 2011
thanks for replying....i do hear about it being a great place for manga and anime, or prehaps theres a better place or prehaps its all the same all around tokyo....i do plan to visit japan sometime soon, so i will no doubt try to visit the area this forum draws its name from.......:study:

akb48 lol i guess thats understandable

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
It is a great place to buy anime
It is a amazing place to spend money
It is a wonderful place to buy JAV
It is a mediocre place to buy manga (Jimbocho is the place to go if you want to buy manga)
It is a pretty good place to buy sex-toys
It is a great place to get questioned by the police if you start snapping photos of maids when they say "no pictures"
It is an interesting place to walk around on Sundays
It is a pretty normal place the rest of the week

Voila. IT is.

itsrekka

lurker
Dec 25, 2011
thanks aqua, ill be sure to make it a sunday in that case....hope ur having a good one whatever you may be up to out there......and im liking the pics you have uploaded of your travels.... じゃあね

Aug 25, 2010
If you are in the hunt for AV, I would agree that Jimbocho/Suidobashi is just as good if not superior(Should note that next to Akihabara, Suidobashi is my favorite place in Tokyo). I believe it's cheaper also. I don't know much about anime and all that, but they have a ton of second hand stores in that area.

itsrekka

lurker
Dec 25, 2011
hmmm suidobashi (takes note).....just recently i have been hearing of these second hand stores quite abit....interesting...i really need to save my pennys and get over there....thanks for your reply :bow-pray:

antirad

Can you see me?
May 27, 2010
Kirsten Dunst has been to Akihabara in Tokyo, Japan in this music video walking around in Akiba and cosplaying as Majokko Princess.

Turning Japanese - Kirsten Dunst

[youtube]FFHHeKW7hl0[/youtube]

Edit: Not sure why this vid was deleted off Youtube, here's the same video re-uploaded and you can get with fast speed here http://www.peejeshare.com/files/362028661/KD-AMP-TJ.avi.html

hodsgod

Sep 22, 2008
I first went to Akihabara in 1987, first time I lived in Japan. It was just an electric city then. It had some really good bargains, and I saw CD's there before we had them in Britain. It really did have the latest electric goods. However that has really changed now, and it's full of Otaku shops.

I preferred the old atmosphere to the new one

itsrekka

lurker
Dec 25, 2011
I first went to Akihabara in 1987, first time I lived in Japan. It was just an electric city then. It had some really good bargains, and I saw CD's there before we had them in Britain. It really did have the latest electric goods. However that has really changed now, and it's full of Otaku shops.

I preferred the old atmosphere to the new one

thanks for the reply.........ah a fellow Brit :eek:k:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Just got back from Akiba. lol

antirad

Can you see me?
May 27, 2010
Aralka1234 from Poland has been to Akihabara. She was in a Japanese TV show recently. I enjoy watching white girls speaking Japanese on video as she does speak so well.
:grassdance:

[youtube]PZsfGTjx5ik[/youtube]

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Aralka1234 from Poland has been to Akihabara. She was in a Japanese TV show recently. I enjoy watching white girls speaking Japanese on video as she does speak so well.
:grassdance:

[youtube]PZsfGTjx5ik[/youtube]

Hm, I'm not sure if you really enjoy because she speaks Japanese or that speaks it so well. I guess you watch it because she is so cute. :joker:
She looks somehow very young. Does someone know how old she is (at least approximately)? :puzzled:
Does she speak Japanese in all of her clips? Not a clip where she speak her mother tongue, Polish? Or what about German - as she wrote she also speak that language?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I often go for business. Once in a while for personal reasons, pick up some HF134ca, bbs or meet a client for drinks.

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
Join me. I am coming apart. ;-)

aquamarine said:
My best suggestion is check out 'AV Factory' in Akihabara. If you go in and the guy behind the main floor or second floor counter is a tall J-dude with colored silver and sparkly hair, say hi and tell him you are a friend of "Pozzy", he might end up shoving some extra items that are usually reserved for fan-service promotion days from behind the counter into your bag.
How long are you here for?
{edit}
It is a great place to buy anime.
It is a amazing place to spend money.
It is a wonderful place to buy JAV.
It is a pretty good place to buy sex toys.
If you are in the hunt for AV, I would agree that Jimbocho/Suidobashi is just as good if not superior (Should note that next to Akihabara, Suidobashi is my favorite place in Tokyo). I believe it's cheaper also. I don't know much about anime and all that, but they have a ton of second hand stores in that area.
Suidobashi? Really? OK - Inking that into my next foray.
I especially endorse Jimbocho {a/k/a Jinbocho}. I found JAVs going for ¥100 at a shop there. I've been inside AV Factorys in Jimbocho & Akiba. Its Jimbocho shops are more specialized. Nonetheless, I wound up buying JAVs at its Akiba shop back in March 2010. Keep your brain functional. The deal will often be a sliding scale of the more JAVs you buy, the less you spend for each succeeding one. I did well enough that when I brought my purchases to the register, I was signalled I had spent enough to select one more JAV from a selection in front of the register. Many of the pool were futanari, which I would have bought, but I found a CD Case of an "Art SM" video from the mid-1980s. That was my selection. :flattered: