AKB48 candy ad criticized for encouraging homosexuality

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ardo

Mar 2, 2010
A commercial showing members of wildly popular all-girl band AKB48 passing bite-sized candies seductively from mouth-to-mouth is under fire in Japan for encouraging homosexuality.

The advertisement, which aired in March, shows the school uniform-clad young women—all in their late teens or early 20s—intimately exchanging the sweet, with the close-up footage slowing as their lips near.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrSoGu1kWh4

“The commercial may encourage homosexuality,” one of the complaints said, adding “oral flora” was also a concern, according to the Broadcasting Ethics and Program Improvement Organisation.

“I don’t want to see commercials like this,” said another correspondent, who also complained of a music video by the group “in which girls, including teens, hug each other in their underwear…. It is very distasteful.”

AKB48, one of the world’s highest grossing acts with more than $200 million in CD and DVD sales last year, have become a phenomenon in Japan and other parts of Asia over recent years.

With a total of around 90 all-female performers, ranging in age from early teens to mid-20s, their bubblegum pop and synchronized dancing has proved a huge hit with pre-pubescent girls.

Running the gamut from girl-next-door to sultry temptress, the band also has a substantial male following—many of whom are older—who support a vast merchandising industry.

20120313_puccho_akb48_offshots_002.jpg

http://www.japantoday.com/category/...y-ad-criticized-for-encouraging-homosexuality

love-mibimibi

伝説のチェリーボーイ
Jun 23, 2010
when i in boy-scout they also order me do the same as above ^

:attention::attention::attention:

gyoza ramen & a beer

Feb 20, 2009
When Madonna hears about this, she'll demand that a scene of her eating a Snickers bar out of Britney Spears' vagina be included in her next video. Or, maybe a Pocky out of Britney's a.....well, you get the idea.

Always pushing the envelope, Madonna.

JavFanatic

Sep 4, 2009
This will all blow over by June if not sooner. The complaints are exactly what the advertisers, and their client want-attention focused on their product.

makichan

Feb 10, 2009
I don't know where I want to go with this, but I think it's worth to mention....

These idols have strict policies, and one of them is no boyfriends. It happens every now and then if an idol is caught with a boy and ends up getting fired immediately.

Also, wheres my mayuyukirin in the puccho cm? :damnit:

sapientiam

Jan 1, 2010
I
These idols have strict policies, and one of them is no boyfriends. It happens every now and then if an idol is caught with a boy and ends up getting fired immediately.

srysly??? :surprised2:

makichan

Feb 10, 2009
srysly??? :surprised2:

No smoking, alcohol and boyfriends to stay in the club. Most will never break these rules, but once in a while one will get uncovered. It's pretty simple, if you want to live like a normal girl, you can't be an idol :stress:

sapientiam

Jan 1, 2010
No smoking, alcohol and boyfriends to stay in the club. Most will never break these rules, but once in a while one will get uncovered. It's pretty simple, if you want to live like a normal girl, you can't be an idol :stress:

JAVIDOL FFS! :piripi:

xcata

Aug 3, 2008
sadly "live peeled frogs" was recommended to me by youtube after the commerical ended?...
sometimes I hate the internet so much:puzzled:

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
Dentists everywhere are lovin' this stuff!

When Madonna hears about this, she'll demand that a scene of her eating a Snickers bar out of Britney Spears' vagina be included in her next video.

Errr... and Gynocologists too!

kermitfrog

Sep 3, 2008

Yeah, and they probably aren't even making good money for it! I saw a show the other day whan an ex-Morning Musume member said that the most she ever got paid was about 120,000 yen (probably $1500US at the time) per month. This was around 2000, when they had just released their best-selling-ever single Love machine, and she was in the #1 bestselling subgroup "Petit Moni"! If you take into account the hours spent working per week it was probably less than half of what she would get working at McDonald's.:notagain: And with AKB48, there are 48 members, so they probably get screwed over even worse.