Adult Swim

Do You Watch?

• Yes,I still do

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • Most of the time..

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Sort of,it depends..

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Not really,it sort of bothers me now..

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • I stopped watching.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I never watched at all.

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

Matsu'o Tsurayaba

May 22, 2007
What do people think of it? I know some people have no other choice,when it comes to viewing anime..and others simply refuse to watch it for various reasons. What are some of the thoughts here? I remember a while back that AS was not going to be shown anymore,but here it is..still here. What's the future for it?

:death:

Tacfarinas

May 13, 2009
Adult swim has gone to shits.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I don't have TV reception --> I don't have cable TV --> I don't watch Adult Swim, ever, and never have. :)

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
same here.. i never heard about this adult swim before.. what is that ?

It's a segment of programming on Cartoon Network that airs shows intended for mature audiences or so they say lol. A long time ago when I didn't know where to watch anime I used to love Adult Swim. Some of my all time favorites like Cowboy Bebop I saw for the first time there but I haven't actually watched it in quite some time. So is it still on and do they have any good anime shows playing?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
It's a segment of programming on Cartoon Network that airs shows intended for mature audiences or so they say lol. A long time ago when I didn't know where to watch anime I used to love Adult Swim. Some of my all time favorites like Cowboy Bebop I saw for the first time there but I haven't actually watched it in quite some time. So is it still on and do they have any good anime shows playing?

But it's only airing in USA (or north america), isn't it ?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
come on now...

But it's only airing in USA (or north america), isn't it ?

elgringo14 if you are interested I provided an info link.
From that link:

"Adult Swim is an adult-oriented cable television network that shares channel space with Cartoon Network in the United States and broadcasting in countries such as Australia and Japan.[2] The network features animated shows, including original programming, syndicated shows, and Japanese anime, generally with minimal or no editing for content. The shows are geared toward a 17+ audience, in contrast to the child and pre-teen daytime programming on Cartoon Network. The shows and commercial breaks are usually interrupted by "bumps", or moments where short jokes or Internet fan feedback (in which negative feedback is sometimes responded to in a sarcastic manner) are broadcast in simple white letters over a black screen."

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
It depends what they got on.
My favorite shows are Shin Chan,Cowboy Bebop, Metalocalypse,The BoonDocks, and Robot Chicken. I only had expanded basic cable for the last year so I haven't had a chance to see some of the other shows in Adult Swim,Although I have seen a few shows either by downloading them from bit torrent or seen on dvd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Adult_Swim

Speaking of the Boondocks is season #3 out or are they planning one?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
no comment not seen it yet, but I will try to watch when I find it

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
no comment not seen it yet, but I will try to watch when I find it

Don't bother your not missing out on much lol. Your better off just checking out funimation.com they have plenty of anime shows that stream for free and you only have to sit through one commercial :perfectplan:.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
According to wikipedia the 3rd season is currently in production.

Glad to hear it :XD: it's been awhile since I've had my fill of racist humor lol.

Sieger

May 14, 2009
Couldn't stand some or most of the dubs they came out with.. that and of course with all the reruns.

ShanksYYZ

May 6, 2009
I don't watch it, but I still love Aqua Teen Hunger Force, even after 6 seasons (which seems unprecedneted for a cartoon) I still find it fresh and funny.

i8it

Jun 20, 2008
I only watch the "Venture Brothers", because it's a parody on all the crappy cartoons I grew up with, and it makes me laugh. I used to watch "Cowboy Bebop"

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
Metalocalypse FTW!!! ...well, at least the first season

"we will make coffe metal
we will make everything metal
blacker than the blackest black times infinity"

"- oohh...what's is this place?
- i think it's called Food Library
- it's a grocery, you douchebag!!!
..sorry for the douchebag, i've had a drop of sugar"

try searching thunderhorse in youtube and you'll see (hear) the Dethklok awesomeness :D

zaldar

Sep 15, 2008
I still watch not, certinly not going to spend any money on bleach and if you tape it you can speed through the commercials. Morbito which they show now is interesting as is code geass. The comedy shows are total shit and I don't know how anyone can watch them...but then I actually like plays and such so my tastes may be a little different than most peoples here.

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Limited to king of the hill or family guy if I'm up late and remember it's on at like 12-1 a.m.

Don't care about the rest of it, and laugh/cringe at how awful the anime dubs are on saturdays..