Adult auctions in Yahoo Japan

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Quitchibo

Nov 16, 2006
Hi,

I would love to buy and browse throu the adult section in yahoo japan auctions....But as gaikokujin it seems not possible to enter.
Any suggestion/idea how to get a yahoo japan ID?

Thanks
Chris

Happosai

うどん! ( ˘▽˘)っ♨
Feb 22, 2007
Any suggestion/idea how to get a yahoo japan ID?
Chris

I'd like to know too, because I've never managed to sign up for one... :defeat:

Anyway, the thing with Japanese auctions, is that most sellers will not ship overseas.
And if you use an auction deputy service, you will need to pay via bank wire, because of paypal's policy against adult merchandise. :sigh:

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Recently, I could successfully get a Yahoo Japan ID and also get full browsing access to Yahoo Auctions. So if someone is interested to the procedure, please let me know.
Please note that this is ONLY for browsing any auctions (including the adult ones), and NOT for bidding and buying stuff.
I didn't try that myself and I'm not willing to do so, I'm just interested about all cover scans and releases infos that are provided.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
HOW TO SETUP A YAHOO! JAPAN AUCTIONS ACCOUNT:

The key is go get several steps listed in this page:

http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/entry_navi

Now we'll get through it.

1/ & 2/ You need a Yahoo Japan ID (any non-japanese ID will not work). Click on step 1 link and you will get to the registration page. From box to box:

1st part
-Yahoo Japan ID (and also Yahoo email adress), 4-31 characters
- Password (6-32 characters)
- Password (repeated)
- checkbox doesn't matter, leave it checked
- your Yahoo "name" (just how they will name you after being logged)

2nd part
- post code (put 000-0000 as foreigner)
- gender, choose your own gender (男性 otoko = male 女性 onna = female), no hermaphrodit allowed :XD:
-date of birth (yyyy/mm/dd), better be over 18 if you want to see the adult auctions. The first box let you choose the calendar system (christian as default, imperial, etc)
-mail address for sending confirmation link. It must NOT be a yahoo email.
-job activity, put the last option ("other") if you don't know what to put.
-other activity, put the last option ("other") if you don't know what to put.

3rd part
-personal question, choose one like the first (i think it's "what is your favorite pet ?"), not really important if you remember your password.
- answer to the question, put something easy to remember
- Yahoo Japan announcements mail, if you want to get some mails about your favourite activities (that you have chosen). Honestly I don't care about it, since I used my trash email box for registration.

Last but not least give the special number code for registration, and press the yellowish button at the bottom of the page.

If the login name is already taken, it will ask you for giving another one, so be clever with that !

The next page will summarize your main infos (yahoo login/mail, other mail for confirmation, name). You should be automatically logged in by the way.
If not, on the main yahoo.co.jp page, look for the "ログイン" name and click on it. Then give your Yahoo Japan ID and pass. If you come back to the first link, you will see that steps 1 and 2 are greyed, so the procedure is goind on.

I hope that step 2 is taken away at that point, I remember the first time I did it, it was not.

3/
Just catch the mail sent to your external email adress, and click the first link on it (starting with urd.yahoo.co.jp/reg/reg_verify/*...). It will tell you that you successfully verified your ID. Click on the yellow box link that will redirect you to the first link, where all steps are greyed. SUCCESS !

4/
I think it's only for bidders (to be able to bid higher than 4999 yens). I'll leave it for other brave guys. PROFIT !

5/ hmmm, I don't know since I didn't go through step 4

Now if you come back to the Yahoo Auctions main page, you still see your login name on the let part, and if you browse directly the "adult" section:

http://list3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/26146-category.html

Any auction should be fully accessible now :hero:

A test page for that:

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g74661479

Happosai

うどん! ( ˘▽˘)っ♨
Feb 22, 2007
Dude, that worked perfectly!!! :perfectplan:

"Un grand merci!" :chinesenewyearm:

Kenpachi God

Cpt. Of the 11th Squad
Apr 23, 2009
wow that's cool will have to try that when my next check comes

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008

bamz0506

Jul 19, 2009
i don't have any problem for accessing yahoo auction site, because i already have an id, i even bid and won some item on the auction, but the think that really concern me is, why do you guys seems so enthusiastic about the adult section, what makes that section so interesting?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
What I'm interested into, are the cover arts provided by many sellers, especially the old ones (VHS, LD) that you cannot find anywhere else. Also the existence of very rare releases is proven if someone is actually selling it :goodmood:

You can access the yahoo auctions general section without an ID, but you can neither see "adult" auctions nor search through the adult sections if you are not registered. You can browse through the sections though.

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Haven't looked at it in forever but I used to find sellers that would more then happily ship it anywhere. Where more concerned about if I could communicate with them if anything.

They sold lots of doujins I still have never seen even listed, let alone sold/viewable online. Other then that it seemed like it was used for the really old stuff or unloading huge collections of things.

But probably has changed with lots more alternatives popping up over there and overseas.
:dizzy: