Search function not working like before

Shochu

Jun 10, 2009
Trying to do searches in Japanese (since most of your titles are in Japanese) and continually get error saying words are too short or too common.....mmmmm....please fix if possible.

Escondida

Jun 30, 2012
I've been trying to use the Search feature in the latest Akiba-Online incarnation and it's just not working for me. Example: suppose I wanted to search the JAV Downloads Forum for threads with "xxxx" or "yyyy" or both in the title. In the previous version of Akiba-Online, this could be done by entering

xxxx yyyy

in the Keywords field, equivalent to the logical OR operation: xxxx OR yyyy. In the current implementation, entering "xxxx yyyy" without the quotes into Keywords field is equivalent to the logical AND operation: xxxx AND yyyy, not at all expected by those familiar with the previous website.

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to do a logical OR. According to XenForo, I should be able to enter the following into the Keywords field:

xxxx | yyyy

The result of this search is many items that contain neither "xxxx" or "yyyy", which doesn't make any sense.

Finally, the previous version of Akiba-Online allowed a favorite search to be saved - a very useful feature. This feature is missing in the current version. Even if the saved search feature was present, I couldn't use it. In the previous version of the website it was possible to specify a relative date range: the maximum age of a thread. In this version, only a less useful absolute date range can be specified: a "newer than" date.

Escondida

Jun 30, 2012
Search keyword parsing appears to be broken (among other issues). You sometimes can get around the length issue by adding or substituting a wildcard "*". For example: "xxx" is flagged for being too short, "xxx*" is not. Also, "xxx-yyy" is flagged for being too short ("-" is probably being parsed as an exclude token), "xxx*yyy" is not.

feverish8

feverish
Sep 11, 2007
Thank you for pointing this out and please let me add to it by saying
I just realized I can no longer search for レズ because it is now "too short". If this is going to be the case I am seriously fucked.