question about purchasing from r18.com (card related)

JPK

Jan 4, 2012
ok so it says it only accepts Japanese yen. I think that's not a problem with a credit card, but is it possible to buy with a debit?

I'm in the US where I was issued my visa card, but I'm not sure it'll work seeing as it said it will bill me in Japanese Yen and I have US dollars.

do i have to go the prepaid route with this or something?

(sorry i've just never done this before)

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
I use my debit card from my bank on R18. What it will do is convert the price in Yen to dollars and takes that amount out. Then it charges you a small international conversion fee that should appear right next to it on your statement. It's only a couple cents. That's how it works for me atleast.

Reactions: Casshern2

JPK

Jan 4, 2012
I use my debit card from my bank on R18. What it will do is convert the price in Yen to dollars and takes that amount out. Then it charges you a small international conversion fee that should appear right next to it on your statement. It's only a couple cents. That's how it works for me atleast.
ok thanks for letting me know I give it a try then.

EDIT: well it just told me outright that the card isnt usable so i guess im outta luck in this case. i'll probably have just get an actual credit card and set it up so i can buy internationally or something. been meaning to anyways this kinda stuff is always getting in my way.

Last edited:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
ok thanks for letting me know I give it a try then.

EDIT: well it just told me outright that the card isnt usable so i guess im outta luck in this case. i'll probably have just get an actual credit card and set it up so i can buy internationally or something. been meaning to anyways this kinda stuff is always getting in my way.

I've heard, but haven't tried, that some if not most pre-paid Visa or Amex cards can work as well. You can get those at like a Walgreen's or so. But, do read around THIS thread to find more answers or even ask a question. It will get answered before (way too) long.

Reactions: CodeGeek