Please post all forum bugs here

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
Again an unexpected behaviour.

two of the three fronend-servers were heavily under load, due to the HDD being overloaded.
so... the page-speed you will experience from 2 of the servers will now be a little slower, since i had to disable caching in order to get a better performance.
perhaps we really should change hosters :/

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Again an unexpected behaviour.

two of the three fronend-servers were heavily under load, due to the HDD being overloaded.
so... the page-speed you will experience from 2 of the servers will now be a little slower, since i had to disable caching in order to get a better performance.
perhaps we really should change hosters :/
I think we should get money for that from the hoster. I mean they should pay us as testers for their infrastructure. ;)

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
dear akiba-citizen
i'm sorry for the downtime, but we had to do some major upgrades.
we are now running on the latest xenforo-version.
The Search-Index is momentarily building up, as i'm typing this one. I'm expecting it to be done within the next few hours. Up until then, the seach won't find all post/threads - sorry about that.

We also have moved away from php - so it can now happen, that you will occure some strange errors - please report them here, and i try to fix this.

We also have added the Media-Gallery to xenforo. It is reachable if you click on 'media' in the navigation.
Atm there is only some global categories - but you don't have to use them, if you create your own album (all members should be able to do this :) )
There isn't yet an storage-limit, but the server atm only has around 200GB free space - so if we really have that much pictures, we have to expand it a bit :)

asap i have upgraded the themes (i won't do this today, since this could get a real pain in the ass) we are also able to show the latest media somewhere directly on the start-page :)

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Away from PHP? Means there are different version of XenForo - one based on PHP and one based on another programming language? :confused:

So we have a gallery again? That's a good thing. :) Thank you!
And this time it seems we can even search in the gallery. Great! :D

Reactions: CoolKevin

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
well ... i wasn't that clearly.
Xenforo still uses php, but all php-files will now be encoded to an cpp-Object which can be delivered much faster (i hope that we can so lower the load on the system, since with php-fpm around 4k users is the max the server can handle - what we had yesterday. the CPU-Load went up to 100% for a long time - so many timeouts etc :/ )
if you are interested, go looking for hhvm :)

if we are continuing to grow, we are going to need more CPU-Power (which means higher costs) and more traffic (which is even pricier)
But we are going to grow (i think) and our alexa-rank is also increasing, which is a nice thing.

i've also missed some settings for the gallery. Tagging is now available for all users (i hope), as well as there should now be unlimited storage for "normal" registerd users.

edit
oh well ... looks like i've messed up my gallery :D

edit2
seems like it's only messed up, when i'm trying to browse this via Company Network o.o

Last edited:

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
again an update:
we got rid of 2 of our frontent-servers.
They had a hdd-crash and it looks like the provider isn't that prepared for such things -.-
i don't expect that much of a slow-down, but be warned ^^'

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
[...] and our alexa-rank is also increasing, which is a nice thing.
What's that alexa rank? Never heard of it.

Is it possible that something went wrong with the mail notification while doing all of these things?
Since you made your post I don't get any mails from AO anymore (plus / minus a few hours).

Reactions: CoolKevin

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
huh.
i will look into this. Perhaps i've messed up the Mail-Server (or the mail-system isn't compatible with hhvm >.<)

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
What's that alexa rank? Never heard of it.
It's it's a web traffic/popularity rating, it means more people are visiting Akiba.:D

Reactions: CodeGeek

kkk777

Jun 8, 2010
I was , too by a different thread.
ex.
http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/pic-rei-kuromiya-rei.1218031/page-38
http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/marin-kato.1348354/
http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/maria-maria.1234409/page-6
http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/clip-miho-kaneko.2624/page-3
http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/yuina-minamoto.1285916/page-6
http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/karen-nishino.1234478/page-5

I saw gibberish weird characters on the page on firefox too.
If it was read several times, it could be seen.

but,i can't see on IE10.
When I try to see a page, the preservation dialogue comes out like the following figure...
help me..
karenpage.JPG
sorry,
I don't understand English well.

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
Looks normal to me, maybe it's your "prx2.unblocksit.es.prx2.unblocksit.es.prx2.unblocksit.es" that does something funky.
Have you tried accessing akiba directly from an unblocked connection(presumably that's why you're using unblocksit.es.)?

Since this seems to be an issue for several people I guess that means your unblocker is innocent.

But I think the people having issues should report what browser they're using.
Provided links looks normal for me so far on Waterfox 34.0(Firefox 64-bit variety)

Last edited:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
huh.
i will look into this. Perhaps i've messed up the Mail-Server (or the mail-system isn't compatible with hhvm >.<)
I don't know if you had already the time to have a look what the problem of the mail issue is this. You surely have also other things to do - in real-life I mean. ;)
But if you have tried to fix it - it's still not working. :(

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
newhalf movies thread doesn't seem to load properly from my end. All i see is these gibberish weird characters on the page. anyone else facing the same issue or it's just me? im on firefox btw

seems to work for me now

not sure yet, but your link did not work, I will look into directly
tried http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/rs-erotic-dance-movies-50gb.3554/page-36#post-2882868
mine will show page 36 because that was the last time I went there

I could access all those links

not sure if it was at a premium time, but it may have been for a Saturday

Nov 2, 2014
Not a forum bug but my UPSTORE account has been blocked as of the site upgrade, just got an email from them with zero information attached as to why this is the case, frustrating as I was only 12 days or so into the month.

Anybody else have similar difficulties?