JAV Release Delays

metty504

Dec 16, 2009
Anyone have any idea why JAV releases sometimes get delayed? For example, NGOD-009 was scheduled to be released on 2/4. Three weeks later it is still nowhere to be seen. I know release dates can typically vary by a few days from month to month, but I'm always surprised when I see something get delayed for weeks.

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
Anyone have any idea why JAV releases sometimes get delayed? For example, NGOD-009 was scheduled to be released on 2/4. Three weeks later it is still nowhere to be seen. I know release dates can typically vary by a few days from month to month, but I'm always surprised when I see something get delayed for weeks.
do you mean delay as in the release being pushed back? or the torrent/dl links hitting the internet?

Reactions: Casshern2

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Good grief, Metty...there isn't an automatic turnaround of every title that gets released. These titles aren't delayed. That makes it sound like they are 100% certain to appear online which is not the case. You haven't seen it because no one has purchased it in either physical or digital form and gone through the trouble of making it available as a DDL or torrent.

Reactions: Supmop and kharo88

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012

if you looking for download link, maybe people who buy it don't want to share or still not ready to share it yet

while for no release availabe, it could be canceled by the studio before go to market, sometimes because the performer or their family decide to pay the compensation to save their family name

Reactions: Casshern2