How to join video files. (.001, part01.rar, .r00, .__a, etc)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

diomedes

OverCaffeinated Libertine
Jan 9, 2007
Anyone have any suggestions for an app that will easily allow me to join files. Nothing fancy, just the basics. Thanks.

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
I like: "Easy Video Joiner v5.21".

It seems to join up some videos that other joiners just give error messages for.

I was thinking that diomedes meant joining complete video files such as film part 1.avi and film part 2.avi, not a video split into parts such as film.avi.001 and film.avi.002.

For split files HJ Split is good and also File splitter and joiner is good too. I use FFSJ myself.

diomedes

OverCaffeinated Libertine
Jan 9, 2007
Um, thanks for the suggestions, but that's not what i am looking for.

I have downloaded a video that is split into scenes, like there are 5 avi videos that make up on whole dvd and i need them to be joined into one video file.

"Easy Video Joiner v5.21".

Tried it, it does not work. It won't even acknowledge video files as input. Is this freeware?

Anyone? Something basic, something easy, i know it's out there. And above all else something that works. I use Format Factory, generally, but it will not recognize a few mp4s i tried to introduce to it.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
MKVMerge (part of MKVToolnix.)

Drag the first .AVI into the "Input Files" field. Then click the "Append" button for each subsequent .AVI file. When done, click "Start muxing." In a couple of minutes you'll end up with a single .MKV video file. Source remains untouched.

cosmicpervert

Pretty girls forever!!!
Sep 9, 2009
I was skeptical of HJsplit because it was such a small filesize...

So I tried easyjoin converter. sucked and didn't work as diomoeds already said...

Tried MKVmerge and it sucked ass as well. Gave me an error dialog for every other file.

Tried Total video converter and it didn't supply audio for any of the files except the first part.

Also tried Ultimate Video Join and SUPER video converter. Both gave me an error for every other file.

Then I finally decided to try hjsplit.... and it was so goddamn simple and fast and easy and worked WONDERS! It worked and kicked all the other softwares asses (that you have to pay for!). Took me hours to find a software that will do this simple task when I couldve just downloaded this sweet little program and got it over with. Hooray for HJsplit! XD

\/

k-fighter

Dec 12, 2008
i tried using an hjsplit to join files that end with .__a, .__b, .__c, etc, and it doesn't work. Help?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I was skeptical of HJsplit because it was such a small filesize...

So I tried easyjoin converter. sucked and didn't work as diomoeds already said...

Tried MKVmerge and it sucked ass as well. Gave me an error dialog for every other file.

Tried Total video converter and it didn't supply audio for any of the files except the first part.

Also tried Ultimate Video Join and SUPER video converter. Both gave me an error for every other file.

Then I finally decided to try hjsplit.... and it was so goddamn simple and fast and easy and worked WONDERS! It worked and kicked all the other softwares asses (that you have to pay for!). Took me hours to find a software that will do this simple task when I couldve just downloaded this sweet little program and got it over with. Hooray for HJsplit! XD

\/

Actually if you want to join binary chunks (like .001 .002 etc), you don't need any software, a DOS prompt can do that with something like:

copy /b name.avi.* /b name.avi

Haven't try this myself, so beware.

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
i tried using an hjsplit to join files that end with .__a, .__b, .__c, etc, and it doesn't work. Help?

Perhaps if you rename the files with an extension like this.. .001, .002

and so on..

I also have a batch file that joins split files faster than HJ Split.

It's named "join.bat" and is sweet..

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
Here is join.bat (join.txt) Open in notepad to see how it works.

(Rename the file join.txt to join.bat for it to work)
System refuses the .bat extension. Name or rename files .001, .002, etc, and in same folder as join.bat, after files are joined, rename the joined file to the correct name.
Enjoy

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Even though this thread is stickied, people continue to post new threads asking for help on joining files. Might I suggest a mod alter the thread title to be something like, Joining video files. (.001, part01.rar, .r00, .__a, etc)? At least that way maybe some people who don't know that they need to join their files might find their way into the right place.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Even though this thread is stickied, people continue to post new threads asking for help on joining files. Might I suggest a mod alter the thread title to be something like, Joining video files. (.001, part01.rar, .r00, .__a, etc)? At least that way maybe some people who don't know that they need to join their files might find their way into the right place.

since becoming a mod, I have seen that most members cannot be bothered to look, you can put letters a metre high and some would still ask.
nice idea though