akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Eastboyza

May 23, 2014
I guess that will be the biggest problem. It would be easier to have a system in which everyone can enter the titles (means movie codes) he / she wants to have translated. The system than display some kind of top 10 of the requested titles which haven't been translated yet. If you do that with post you have several people posting 1 to 100 movies codes and you have to do all by hand. Especially as some maybe don't realise that some of their requested titles are already subbed.

Okay, that's a point. ;)

yea you right, I'm just desperate to find a solution to this :) . You would need a website where people can input their titles and then get a Top 10, and people then choose which ones they will finance.
Let's hope we get a programmer who loves JAV as much as we do...lol

How about a sticky thread where we just upload our subtitle files, they're small so shouldn't be a problem storing the on this server. Then at least we can start building a repository of JAV subtitles

Last edited:

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
I know the demand for subtitles is rather low on the forum, however was wondering if we could make a sticky thread where we upload all the subtitle files into one place for all of us to share.

I've got 3 from other members on here, just think good idea to put them all together in one spot

Codegeek did do a post a few weeks back where he rounded up all the subs up to that point, but finding it could take a little while which is why you're idea is very handy. If you can find that post then you're going to be pretty much done. You'll just need to update Bonekace's uploads which wouldn't take long.

I don't think the demand is low... People just want everything for free ("tragedy of the commons" they call it)... And well, producing subtitles takes many hours... So, apart from Bonekace, nobody is willing to invest so many hours producing a subtitle for free...

I was just wondering how things went regarding donations towards you're work on MDYD-951. Did you make what you wanted or has it put you off that idea. I know you've been working on private requests so the demand is there but we just can't seem to get any kind of group funding together.

I appreciate the effort that goes into subtitling, and think the quotes are fair, I think we just need a thread where we can list all the subtitles people are looking for and then split the cost between 10 or more members then everyone wins.

The problem is in trying to come to an agreement as to what movie to fund. I came up with an idea to just have a poll of 10 movies that were of an interest to me : http://www.akiba-online.com/threads...g-any-of-these-jav-movies-translated.1426062/.
As you can see DVDES-786 is leading the way with 5 votes. If you want to add you're votes to ant that interest you than feel free to do so. I may give the thread a bump to try to generate more votes. I was going to wait until i got about 10 votes before taking action but i may act earlier if we get some more interest for it.

Motiman,

I downloaded the video and counted the number of scenes. I counted 13 scenes (give or take).

If you are interested, I think we can translate it for the same rate JAVtoENG mentioned, that is, 10 USD per scene.

Let me know what you think or PM to work out the details, ok?

jz00hj has previously given an estimate for the movie and as you can see it would take quite a sum to get the whole movie done. hopefully we can get some more interest going.

Reactions: CodeGeek

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
The problem is in trying to come to an agreement as to what movie to fund. I came up with an idea to just have a poll of 10 movies that were of an interest to me : http://www.akiba-online.com/threads...g-any-of-these-jav-movies-translated.1426062/.
As you can see DVDES-786 is leading the way with 5 votes. If you want to add you're votes to ant that interest you than feel free to do so. I may give the thread a bump to try to generate more votes. I was going to wait until i got about 10 votes before taking action but i may act earlier if we get some more interest for it.
I guess that is the problem. In that thread - no offence intended - you, Motiman, maybe wrote down a list of movies you're interested to get subbed. Or maybe you talked with some other people who maybe have the same tasted. But maybe the majority is interested in totally different movies (not me as there were some interesting titles in that list). So the only way would be to have a list of all titles (excluding the ones which have already been subbed) for the voting. Or at least make it possible that everyone can add titles. And - in my opinion - you can't do that in a normal forum. It is not meant for such things - at least on a technical level.

By the way: I appreciate that thread of Eastboyza. But it would be nice if the authors / creators / makers of the subtitles would be credited.
And also here you have technical limitations: Everyone will post in that thread. But how do you access that? As far as I know you can't search within one thread. You can only search in a section. One solution: Eastboyza copies all the links in his first post. But there is also a limit for posts how long they can get. And it will be an enormous effort to keep it up-to-date.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
After some thinking about such a site I think the best solution would be if you would have to create an account there. After that you got the donate button (or something like that). Using that you can load money to your account. With that money you can vote for movies. If your movie is not known yet you can add by uploading the cover, entering the movie code and maybe additional resources (e.g. the DMM or studio link). This way you make sure everyone is talking about the same movie. Back to the voting: Every vote costs - let's say - at least $1. The money is marked as "spend-in-progress" or something like that. If all your money is gone (spend or "spend-in-progress") you can't vote anymore. You also can remove your vote until the subbing begins. If a movie reached some maximum of votes - or even exceeded - the subbing group is informed. It's up to them to take the challenge or not. If they're taking the challenge (or the job) the amount of money the subbing costs (let's say $40 for a certain movie) is devided between the voters (means their accounts). Let's say we have 5 people voted for that certain movie and the voted like this: A: $1, B: $5, C: $5, D: 10$, E: $30. Then we have a total of $51. $40 is the maximum. So everyone gets a little bit back to his / her account. Maybe a percentage or something like that (what they get back): A: $0.34, B: $1.72, C: $1.72, D: $3.44, E: $13.77. Or maybe is split so everyone only pays a maximum (what they get back): A: $0, B: $0, C: $0, D: $0, E: $21.

The point is that the people should pay before voting. Otherwise people vote. And if you start to translate the movie they don't pay.

Another thing: Work share by dividing the work. WhyNot? Fansubs give you a good impresson on the recruiting page how the work can be divided and that not necessarily everyone in the team needs to understand Japanese (also it is a plus, I guess).

ishmael

Dec 28, 2008
After some thinking about such a site I think the best solution would be if you would have to create an account there. After that you got the donate button (or something like that). Using that you can load money to your account. With that money you can vote for movies. If your movie is not known yet you can add by uploading the cover, entering the movie code and maybe additional resources (e.g. the DMM or studio link). This way you make sure everyone is talking about the same movie. Back to the voting: Every vote costs - let's say - at least $1. The money is marked as "spend-in-progress" or something like that. If all your money is gone (spend or "spend-in-progress") you can't vote anymore. You also can remove your vote until the subbing begins. If a movie reached some maximum of votes - or even exceeded - the subbing group is informed. It's up to them to take the challenge or not. If they're taking the challenge (or the job) the amount of money the subbing costs (let's say $40 for a certain movie) is devided between the voters (means their accounts). Let's say we have 5 people voted for that certain movie and the voted like this: A: $1, B: $5, C: $5, D: 10$, E: $30. Then we have a total of $51. $40 is the maximum. So everyone gets a little bit back to his / her account. Maybe a percentage or something like that (what they get back): A: $0.34, B: $1.72, C: $1.72, D: $3.44, E: $13.77. Or maybe is split so everyone only pays a maximum (what they get back): A: $0, B: $0, C: $0, D: $0, E: $21.

The point is that the people should pay before voting. Otherwise people vote. And if you start to translate the movie they don't pay.

Another thing: Work share by dividing the work. WhyNot? Fansubs give you a good impresson on the recruiting page how the work can be divided and that not necessarily everyone in the team needs to understand Japanese (also it is a plus, I guess).

I think a bounty system would be easier to implement and to understand.

You buy "credits" that you can spend on movies you want translated, so if you want XXX-001 translated you add 10 credits to it (or create a new entry if you are the first).
Translators would pick a movie to translate and after they provide the subs and are certified as good, they get the bounty.

This means the more popular movies would have the higher bounties, and usually be translated faster.
OTOH subbers can work in niches that they like even if they pay less.

A good example would be the request section of cgpeers.to (it's a private tracker, but quite famous).

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
More or less its the same like what I described. But my system would have a limit. The system you describe doesn't seem to have one. Means if 1000 people put 1 or more credits or $ on one title it's like winning the jackpot for the translator. That is not very customer friendly. I think the work should be paid well as it is hard work. But in this case I would feel like they take to the cleaners. ;)

rancher

Jun 26, 2007
If there where more prospects of having bukkake or gokkun themed films subbed, I'd be alot more excited and involved. I mean, these where a staple of japanese AV, and what japanese AV was famous for in the west for quite a long time.

Reactions: Eastboyza

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
If there where more prospects of having bukkake or gokkun themed films subbed, I'd be alot more excited and involved. I mean, these where a staple of japanese AV, and what japanese AV was famous for in the west for quite a long time.
I guess for the ones who are willing to translate JAV movies it doesn't matter which genre the movie belongs to. If you pay for it... As you maybe don't want to spend to much money on it it maybe makes sense to get some other members on board and divide the costs between all of you. And therefore you have to reach some kind of critical mass. So it is about you to create that critical mass. :) It's all up to you.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
In addition to the post of laser168 I want to add that there are more interviews of JAV actresses - unfortunately without subs.

xvii32

Aug 28, 2013
have anyone check this site :

http://www.javsubtitle.com/

i thought fyfui7 javsubtitle being ressurected, but i see the content, i think its authored by different person.
lot of bonekace's sub though, most of em i've seen in akiba, and couple new content

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
have anyone check this site :

http://www.javsubtitle.com/

i thought fyfui7 javsubtitle being ressurected, but i see the content, i think its authored by different person.
lot of bonekace's sub though, most of em i've seen in akiba, and couple new content
Thanks for the information. :) That is really sad. :( Not only that they give no credit to bonekace, they even try to make money of it by uploading it to NitroFlare. Reading this on their page makes me really furious :mad: :
SUPPORT THIS BLOG!
We work very hard to keep this blog updated, and we're planning to provide one sub each day. PLEASE SUPPORT US TO KEEP THIS BLOG ALIVE, You can BUY/RENEW Premium NitroFlare Account through THIS LINK Using Credit Card (VISA/MASTER). Thank you for your support & we'll always give our best!
They work hard??? They'll always give their best??? o_O If it wouldn't be so sad, it would be funny. :(

Reactions: Eastboyza

trounce

Feb 15, 2009
Great discussion, guys! FWIW, I've been doing some follow-on work with Bonekace's subtitle files. I have extensive experience editing written English, so I wanted to remove the romaji text (too much clutter on the screen) and rework the English subs so that the conversations are more natural, there are no misspellings, and so that the English grammar/punctuation is of the highest quality. At this point, I have finished the work on Akiho Yoshizawa SOE-936 - Elder Brother's Wife, and I'm half-way through Kirara Asuka SNIS-191 - Beautiful Career Woman. Considering that Bonekace has done all the translation and timing work on these files, I have requested his permission to upload the reworked English-only files to the forum. I haven't heard back from him yet, but I will be happy to contribute to the effort to develop more high quality subtitle files whenever I can find the time.

As far as moving this effort ahead is concerned, the reader stats on this forum suggest that there is a great deal of interest in subtitled JAV; however, there is very little interest from the vast majority of these lurkers in doing anything other than downloading the finished subtitle files. If this is so, I suspect the best solution for the challenge of getting subtitle files translated & timed is to develop a micro-pay system that would allow folks to download a file for a very nominal amount ($1 might be appropriate). This is similar to Apple's strategy for downloading MP3 files, and it has been extraordinarily successful for Apple Inc. The problem is, someone would have to step up and be an "honest broker" in order to ensure individuals were appropriately compensated for their work on any particular file. This system would work especially well if there were a capability for users to rate the quality of each subtitle file, which would probably drive customers to the better translations.

Another approach would be to set up an effort using Google docs or some similar document coordination/collaboration tool. By taking a collaborative approach to the work, individuals could contribute even small amounts of time, knowing that their contribution would help move each project through to conclusion. This would take a substantial degree of coordination, but it would allow those with lots of time and not much money to add value to the considerable effort involved in translating, editing, and time-coding a quality subtitle file. I would be more than happy to do my part editing the English language dialogue if folks on the forum are interested in moving in this direction and are willing to step up and contribute to the overall effort.

Thoughts/suggestions welcomed!

xvii32

Aug 28, 2013
Thanks for the information. :) That is really sad. :( Not only that they give no credit to bonekace, they even try to make money of it by uploading it to NitroFlare. Reading this on their page makes me really furious :mad: :

They work hard??? They'll always give their best??? o_O If it wouldn't be so sad, it would be funny. :(

come to think of it, in recent bonekace uploads (wanz-225)

Dialogue: 0,0:00:00.00,0:00:05.50,Default,,0,0,0,,
PLEASE DO NOT REUPLOAD\NJAV SUB BY (at)BONEKACE\NFIND MORE SUB AT JAVSUBTITLES.COM

so i think its authored by bonekace himself, :0
i wish he using another sites though, nitroflare free download doesnt work :(

fyfiul

Jun 11, 2009
Hello xvii32, just to let you know that im still doing jav subtitles if you're interested. Just drop me a pm :)

I'm not related in anyway to javsubtitles.com btw. Just to let you know, I decided to terminate my javsubs website because of too much demand and a lack of time last year. However, there might be a possibility of reviving the website in the near future. Cheers.

Reactions: xvii32

trounce

Feb 15, 2009
I LIKE the romaji text, it is helping to learn japanese. I am not being rude just trying to say it is very helpful to see the words spelled, heard and then written in english
No worries, it would be simple to keep the romaji text when I'm doing the initial language edit and to post two copies of the final subtitle file, one with both edited English and Japanese (romaji), and one English-only file. It's too late to do that with the files I've already edited, but it would be easy to cut/paste the romaji back into the file if you like. I'm still waiting for Bonekace's reply to my permission request to repost the edited files....