Hey guys. Can anyone help me about pseudocode?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
They want us to Calculate the sum of two numbers.
I want to be able find the answer myself and understand.

And honestly. Even though I read up on it and watch some Youtube videos. My brain is not allowing me to grasp it.
Did anyone have this problem at first? And how did u overcome it? I think I am in the mindset that my code should be like everyone else and I know that's wrong.

Also I guess I need to know the basic commands and what they do right?

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I'm unclear about what you want. You need pseudo code as the answer or you want people to give you pseudo code for the answer and you find the actual code for it?

Because pseudo code would basically just be something like:
Code:
a = 1
b = 1
x = a + b
where x is the variable containing the answer and a and b are the 2 numbers(you'd erase the first 2 line I wrote and replace a and b with actual numbers in the 3rd) or variables containing those.

Then to figure out the actual code you need to research how each components you need work step by step and not try to do all of it at once. Once you've grasped how to do one, you move on to the next until you've all figured it out.

1. How variables work.

2. Are there different types of variables since you may not be able to do operations on a string, even if it's only a number inside. For example
Code:
a = 2
can be treated very differently from
Code:
a = "2"
or they could be treated exactly the same, depending on the language.

3. How to do the different types of operations, additions in this case and the different ways it can be done(often shortcuts exists that are less clear but faster to type to achieve the same result).
For example, to increase a number by 1 in a variable, some language allow you to simply do
Code:
x += 1
or even
Code:
x++
instead of doing
Code:
x = x + 1

4. Figure out a way to verify the answer is right, by either displaying the content of the variable that has the answer somewhere explicitly(easiest and most common), outputting its content to a debug console / using a debugger of some kind / simply outputting debug info or some other method.

A good beginner course should explain all the steps bit by bit through the lessons and you only have to refer to a previous lessons to know how to figure out what to do, but nothing is perfect and finding the perfect course for your precise level can also be very hard.
I studied that stuff in school so I only needed to ask the teacher in case of issues but I've also always been very good at logical thinking and I never had many issues learning the basics so I can't give much advice on that specific subject.

BTW, if you want real time support, I'm always idling in the akiba irc channel so you can always just connect there and say my same and if I'm around, I'll reply and if not, I'll see it eventually and if you're still online, reply then.
The integrated chat found here is failing me atm but you can use any irc software or web version like mibbit to connect to the #akiba channel on the rizon server(irc.rizon.net).

Reactions: Taako and CoolKevin

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I'm unclear about what you want. You need pseudo code as the answer or you want people to give you pseudo code for the answer and you find the actual code for it?

Because pseudo code would basically just be something like:
Code:
a = 1
b = 1
x = a + b
where x is the variable containing the answer and a and b are the 2 numbers(you'd erase the first 2 line I wrote and replace a and b with actual numbers in the 3rd) or variables containing those.

Then to figure out the actual code you need to research how each components you need work step by step and not try to do all of it at once. Once you've grasped how to do one, you move on to the next until you've all figured it out.

1. How variables work.

2. Are there different types of variables since you may not be able to do operations on a string, even if it's only a number inside. For example
Code:
a = 2
can be treated very differently from
Code:
a = "2"
or they could be treated exactly the same, depending on the language.

3. How to do the different types of operations, additions in this case and the different ways it can be done(often shortcuts exists that are less clear but faster to type to achieve the same result).
For example, to increase a number by 1 in a variable, some language allow you to simply do
Code:
x += 1
or even
Code:
x++
instead of doing
Code:
x = x + 1

4. Figure out a way to verify the answer is right, by either displaying the content of the variable that has the answer somewhere explicitly(easiest and most common), outputting its content to a debug console / using a debugger of some kind / simply outputting debug info or some other method.

A good beginner course should explain all the steps bit by bit through the lessons and you only have to refer to a previous lessons to know how to figure out what to do, but nothing is perfect and finding the perfect course for your precise level can also be very hard.
I studied that stuff in school so I only needed to ask the teacher in case of issues but I've also always been very good at logical thinking and I never had many issues learning the basics so I can't give much advice on that specific subject.

BTW, if you want real time support, I'm always idling in the akiba irc channel so you can always just connect there and say my same and if I'm around, I'll reply and if not, I'll see it eventually and if you're still online, reply then.
The integrated chat found here is failing me atm but you can use any irc software or web version like mibbit to connect to the #akiba channel on the rizon server(irc.rizon.net).
I appreciate you breaking it down for me.
I am not as smart as others and really want to understand this stuff. And honestly, I have learn things I never knew before... so that's a positive.

The mentors who are there are good people but I feel they don't really know how to explain things as well.
A lot of time, you get an assignment and have to figure what they are looking for to be completed.

It's a free course to the introdution to programming. So I can't complain too much, I guess.

Thank you for helping me see the pseudocode. AND I definitely try the akiba irc channel. I've never used discord or irc but I can figure it out I'm sure:)

Btw, I want to get into Cybersecurity that is my goal. I hope learning javascript or python is good languages to learn. I research and it seems like Software Development is the best pathway to go.

Again, Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and give me tips.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
It's not always easy when you know something well to think like someone who knows nothing about it, there's a lot of stuff people take for granted that aren't as obvious for other people.

Learning web stuff is probably the way to go for cybersecurity, python and javascript is a big part of the modern web too.