windows explorer cpu usage stuck at 50

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
has anyone here encountered the same problem? even without any windows open the cpu usage is stuck at 50.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
you could check by task-manager / tasks first which task is using so much processor capacity permanently.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
has anyone here encountered the same problem? even without any windows open the cpu usage is stuck at 50.

Just to clarify, which problem are you having?
  • no matter what you do on the computer, the CPU usage reports 50.0%
  • when you first turn on the machine, the CPU usage reports 50.0%. From there, it can be made to increase towards 100% as you open more applications, but you can never bring it down below 50%.
I do not think I will be able to help you either way -- I am just curious; and also thought that this might be useful information for those who can help you.

kumoji

Feb 14, 2008
the task is win explorer itself.

its b.

You probably have some programs run under explorer ( child of explorer), thus when explorer run any child programs under it will run.

To see what files run under explorer.exe launch command prompt and enter this command

tasklisk /m

- then look for explorer and on the right side you should have a list of all the files launch by explorer.

- find all the files that do not belong to windows and rename it old and see if CPU drop, basically use process of elimination.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
strange i can't seem to find win explorer in the list. anyway i found a solution, i had to make a new user account and transfer my files there ( not including the files that seem to have caused the problem ). i would still like to see a different solution though