Umekishi - Heroic Mania (samples)

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Umekishi is a great artist for fans of girls with big boobs but softly-drawn faces, sort of like Bosshi or Jingrock, but unlike those artists Umekishi seems to have gone largely unnoticed by the English-speaking fanbase so I thought I'd use this opportunity to share some samples with you both of his work in the tankoubon Heroic Mania and of a specific fetish of mine you've probably heard me mention dozens of times: psychological corruption and/or being turned into a sex slave, or 肉奴隷.

Umekishi strikes an excellent balance between /h/ drawings and /d/ fetishes. He doesn't draw anything which would grossly offend your average vanilla hentai fan, but his stories generally do include at least one /d/ fetish, whether it's mind control, tentacles, monstergirls, what have you. I think that makes him a great artist to introduce people to some classically /d/eviant fetishes without scaring them away completely, and for that reason Umekishi's work is a must-have for anyone trying to sell his friends on something outside the sexual norm.

In the first story of the book, Umekishi tells of a young Shinto priestess, or 巫女, who exorcises demons for this one village. She is running the village sorcerer out of business and for that she's earned his hate. He gets into a scuffle with her and despite the fact that she escapes relatively unharmed thanks to the grateful villagers who rally to her aid, the sorcerer is able to pluck one hair from her head. With that hair, he creates a voodoo doll which allows him to control the young maiden's body and mind. He can make her say and do whatever he pleases. And so, taking control of the heroine, he/"she" asks the villagers for one favor: to fuck her. The villagers are initially confused, but after she masturbates so erotically in front of them they can no longer hold back. Once they've gone past the point of no return, the sorcerer returns full control of the girl's mind and body to her. She begs the men to stop but they think this is all part of the act and proceed with fucking her senseless. And as this happens, the girl, horrified and confused, discovers that this feels really good. On the second to last page, she says 気持ちいいれす or "It feeuh tho gooh!" And on the last page, the sorcerer makes a prescient comment about the girl's fate: he notes that even more than being their Shinto priestess, this girl is really quite made for serving the village as one of their prostitutes. And we see the former priestess, her virginity lost, her powers of Shinto priesthood stripped from her body, relishing in the pleasures of the flesh. This is what I tend to speak of when I mention "psychological corruption." The girl's body was not transformed, but her mind was. She went from being an innocent priestess who really didn't want the men to fuck her and was desperate to get out of this situation to being a slut who lusted for more cock. Basically, she transformed from nice girl to slutty girl. The sorcerer isn't placing this upon her with his magic, mind you -- like I said, he already freed her from the spell during her first sexual experience because, hating her so, he wanted her to suffer the helplessness of being r***ing by the villagers despite her pleas for them to stop. (Rather sadistic, and not my fetish, but for those of you who like that sort of sadism then this story has that to offer you too, I guess.) And now? The innocent girl is gone: and in her place is this buxom, beautiful female who lives to fuck men. In that sense, I'd say she's become a sex slave (肉奴隷) or become addicted to sex (セックスに病みつく).

So enough talk! :p Here are some sample pictures. Once again, the info is:
Author: Umekishi , ウメ吉
Title: Heroic Mania , ヒロイック・マニア
Year: February 26, 2009 ; 2009年02月26日
Publisher: 2D Dream Comics , 二次元ドリームコミックス

And if you like this artist's work and want to see more like it, you know the drill: please consider purchasing this tankoubon! I'm not asking you to buy everything you like, I'm just saying that if this guy is in your Top 5 (he's not for me, but he might be for you!), then consider doing yourself and him a favor both and buy this book. You'll be more likely to get more of his work, and he'll be rewarded for producing these drawings and stories for you and the thousands of others who love his stories.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I forgot to mention, my favorite story in this book is the one which has the 4th, 5th, and 6th sample pictures. It's a story about an undercover cop who is trying to bust an operation involving a 電子ドラッグ, or "Electronic Drug." It's a computer virus which, unlike conventional drugs, is downloaded (if you will) into the person's mind by direct use of infected computers. Her cover is blown and the ringleader shoves a laptop in front of her face. Her eyes open, she sees the virus and becomes infected. It takes over her mind and turns her into a sex-crazed slut. Imo, really hot. And a great example of psychological corruption, where the girl is clearly corrupted just in the same sense as a girl who is transformed into a demon or a girl who is transformed into a vampire, but in this case it's all to do with the mind and has nothing to do with any physical changes.