terrible about hotfile

ikanbibi

Sep 11, 2007
hi,i am feeling terrible when downloading a hotfile..
my download speed always is below 10kb/s.:abandoned2:after finished download 1 file had to wait after 15 mins to download another file.:constipation:
any suggestion??thanks:inlove:

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Well, free users have limited bandwidth... I usually download at 50-60 Kb/sec there...
The only solution is to buy a premium account.

Jul 1, 2009
Hotfile is OK with me. They recently got rid of the captchas so JDownloader can do its job with me having to babysit it. :full:

I also get ~50KB/s downloading from HF.

rikijpn

Nov 12, 2009
Are you guys for real?

Hotfile usually downloads like at 255kb/s to me. And I'm a free user.
It obviously have to be your internet connection. Change to optical fiber. And regional factors maybe have something to do too.

Anyway, rapidshare is better, because you don't need to have your browser on to download anything, you can make a list and download files with a script. This takes less resources and is more stable, besides if your browser crashes you wouldn't have to download the file again. But probably hotfile is faster in connection speed (because people who really download stuff use rapidshare, so free users get rather low speeds).
But in the end torrents have to be the best (for free/lazy users). You don't need to worry about clicking a button after 15mins or anything. If it's old you might find there are no users seeding it, but in hotfile/any other server you'll get the files deleted after a while anyway.

rikijpn

Nov 12, 2009
That's exactly a point for NOT using torrents.

Well, as I see it that's exactly the point of using them^^. You don't need to depend on a server which policies don't even allow the file from the start, and if more people used them, we probably wouldn't have this problem anyway.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
no seeds = no downloads

if you prefer it this way...

I find torrents interesting mainly because it's a better way to "tag" your uploads.

As a regular torrent uploader I also know how difficult it can be to seed properly files. And to keep them alive, because seeders decrease exponentially with time.

Anyway the trend in the sections I'm involved, the "hentai" stuff, is gone 90 % on the direct downloads side.

Personally I like both ways, as they can replace each other.